time off - healing time

Steely

So, as you know I was just diagnosis with mono. It explains a lot, actually. The fatigue, the depression, the constant feeling of malaise.

So I looked at my time off tally, and realized that with sick time and holiday time (not including vaca time) I can have paid time off until Jan 4th. So I took it. Wow. Two weeks off seems like an eternity.

I was supposed to see Matt in Idaho, but since I was sick I declined. Good thing since he regressed back to being a small child evidently, and threw a huge tantrum. He is back in stabilization. Police were called and everything. How warm and fuzzy as we trend towards this holiday season. But I digress.

So I have the next 2 weeks off, and I am not sure what to do. If I was not so ill-ish I would hike and explore. So, my goal at this point, is to re-connect with my aspirations, and my life focus. However, this is also, for me, a recipe for disaster. I can get morbidly depressed when not actively engaged in "doing things".

Here is to me and everyone else who is trying to "heal" emotionally and physically over this holiday time.:wine:

Lothlorien

Sleep....you need to sleep. Read, when you aren't sleeping. Eat well. Then sleep. Lots of sleep. Catch up on some movies that you have been wanting to watch, but haven't had the time to see. Crochet or knit and if you don't know how, look up on youtube. Scrapbook your photos. Do things that you have needed to catch up on like that, but not anything strenous and stuff that you can put down when you get tired and go rest.

witzend

I'm with Loth. Sudoku. get a free netflix trial and download movies. Read a book, or start having the paper delivered so you can read it without going out for one.

Worry is at least as hard on you as activity, so do your best to not get wrapped up in Matt's problems. He needs you to be healthy.

jal

Steely,

You CAN do things. Not just really PHYSICAL things. Like others have said, SLEEP (majorly importano (haha) with-mono, read, watch movies you've meant to see. Organize papers if need be. Just the least most strenuous activity you can do, but the most important activity: TAKING CARE OF YOU!

It is the only way to get over mono.

Best.

jal

DDD

When you're not sleeping perhaps you can go through all photos and identify who the people are/where it was taken etc. Even though you are a "young whippersnapper" (don'r ask where that ancient expression comes from :redface: cause it was an old people's saying when I was a kid...lol) I bet you have unidentified pictures of relatives and friends that nobody else would recognize. Plus, it brings warm and fuzzy memories to mind. Then when you are feeling warm and fuzzy you can...go back to sleep. Hugs DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Steely -

Mono is nothing to take lightly - Dude had it very badly for six weeks and he lost a bunch of weight, threw up a lot and was very sick. Take care of you and don't worry about anyone else. Use YOUR time for YOU.

I'm sorry to hear about Matt. Our sons tend to not do well around the holidays historically - so just take it for what it's worth and let him figure out himself.

Mean time? You've gotten some fantastic advice - rest, revisit....you.

Hugs
Star

SRL

I had mono two years ago. I was shocked when the report came back. Fortunately for me (and most older adults) what I had was reactivated mono which meant I had a case when I was younger that I didn't know about which became active again. Often reactivated mono symptoms aren't near as severe or long lasting as the first go round. I hunkered down in the recliner for a solid week and took it easy the next and then I was good to go. One of my friends who had it rebounded in a week's time. Just listen to what you're body is telling you.

I did watch a gazillion movies. I called it my Mononucleosis Film Festival. :)

Steely

That is what I think I have SRL. I did not I had it in the past - but looking back on it - my parents reminded me of an episode where I was sick for months in highschool. I guess they thought it was something else at the time. Anyway, mine is not that bad, it is like you said enough to make you stop.

Currently I am having a crying fest. I know that sounds horrible, and it really kind of is, yet at the same time it has been building for the last 2 years. It is like it needed this time to finally explode out of me. Nonetheless I feel pretty pathetic, me, my tv, and my box of tissues at my side. Of course it does not help dull the tears that ~
it is Christmas and I will be alone, and Matt is doing horrible, and his program is horrible, and I miss my sister, and my boss is the meanest boss ever, and Diesel bit Chester's ear last night and made him bleed, and the vacuum broke....................OK I will stop now.:anxious: I sound like a small child.