Time to hang the lights

We're going to get our tree tonight. A real one for the first time. Our old faithful artificial tree finally fell apart beyond repair last year. I just hope we don't pull a Griswold! :xmasdec: We usually put the tree up and start hanging the lights on Thanksgiving evening but we were out of town this year.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
This year I think we're skipping the real tree as the girlies won't be home with us.

Instead I will have H drag up the plastic one and I will set it in the corner. I ♥ hunting through the woods to find the perfect tree, but some of my holiday spirit is lost when my girls aren't home with me, Know what I mean?? :bah-humbug:

I'd love to decorate the outside of our home, but the addition is in such a state of flux that I wouldn't know where to start! :xmasdec:

It's finally to starting to get a wee bit chilly :blizzard: around these parts so I'm ready to start decorating a little I guess. :xmasdancers:

Enjoy your hunt for the perfect tree! :rudolph:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes I am looking at the boxes in my mind right now willing them to come in the house.... Please... :hypnosis:

It isn't working... :xmasdec:

I guess I'll start working on it, in between shoveling the rest of the 6 inches of snow that fell over night!!!
:snowman:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">*filing nails*

I put up MY tree and outdoor decorations when it was 50* outside... </div></div>

[Church Lady voice]Well isn't that special?[/Church Lady voice]

Lothlorien

We USED to put up the tree on the Friday after T-giving. Not anymore. It's too much for our anxiety-mood disorder kiddo. She just can't handle it. We will put it up the weekend before Christmas. We did that last year and things went so much more smoothly.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Probably not putting anything out this year. easy child has her own decorations (lets not ask) for her room. Since none of the kids will be here I think we might try not going through the motions. With the remodel in the bathroom and the pantry still undone who needs one more thing right now.

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
HEY Here We Go Again - BBK is filing her nails because she has 20 of them - look at her Avatar - that's her sitting on Toby Keith's lap.

Sooooo catty - don't you agree!

OH and BBK - I got yer ELF. :elf: He's going to put up MY tree - and it was 78 here (yawning and passing hand over mouth)

Well we got our first real tree last night. It is a Scotch Pine. easy child 1 and I picked it out, naturally disregarding wife's instructions to keep it under 6' -- we accidentally-on-purpose wandered from the 6-footer aisle into the adjacent 7-footers. I was called Clark Griswold and I have to admit I earned it. Had to go back to Target to trade in the tree stand I bought initially for a larger one.

After we got back and put it up in its stand and admired it for a while, easy child 1 and difficult child went off to bed, and then I hauled the Christmas stuff in from the garage and strung clear lights on the tree. It looks great. My inside jobs are now finished, the girls will hang ornaments and decorate the house tonight, while I sip hot chocolate and listen to the all-Christmas-music station. I still have to do the outside lights, probably this weekend.