Time to shut my cell phone off

KFld

difficult child called this morning to say they had stayed at a hotel with a friend last night who's mother had rented him a room because he was kicked out of his house, went to rehab and wasn't allowed to return home, so the story my difficult child is telling me goes. He said this morning this kid said him and his girlfriend could stay there for the week with him for $100 and then next week they plan on getting their own room. He told me he was going over to his apartment to clean the rest of his stuff out and not going back.

He calls a few hours later and asks if I can let him borrow money until he gets paid on Tuesday night because now he has to give this kid the $100 now in order to stay there. I said nope, go back and sleep at your apartment until you get paid then.

He called again to say he just emptied his apartment, left, isn't going back and they are staying with this kid, but there is only one bed, so someone will have to sleep on the floor. Oh Well! Didn't mention anything about needing money again.

He just called again to see if I could talk to his father about renting him and his girlfriend a room until he gets paid because now this kid is getting high and they can't stay there. I told him if he wants to ask his father, go right ahead, but I'm not asking him anything and he is just going to have to deal with it until he gets paid. I didn't cause this situation and he is just going to have to figure out how to deal with this kid getting high in front of him until Tuesday I guess. I'm not even sure if this is news to him, or if he already new it and just doesn't want to sleep on the floor and thinks this is what will play at my heart strings to get him his own room. NOT FALLING FOR IT!!

Now I'm shutting my phone off and I'm going to chill out and enjoy a nice peaceful evening and hopefully a good nights sleep!!!

T

TeDo

Good for you. Maybe he'll get the hint??? We can only hope. Enjoy your "quiet time"! I just hope he doesn't start ringing your doorbell. lol