TimerLady - you OK?

busywend

Just looking for an idea of how you were feeling and I do not see any posts for a few days.

Hope all is well.

slsh

member since 1999
Linda very much appreciates the good thoughts. She decided to once again challenge her physicians' diagnostic abilities while sneaking in a few days of rest at the local hospital. Apparently, the treatment from the last go round brought on a whole new set of problems courtesy of a trashed immune system.

Happily she is heading home today, as soon as she can wake up husband and kt (who she thinks must've been out partying last night, LOL). She sounds better this morning, with dark humor returning, which is always a good sign in my book. :wink:

She was plotting our escape to a yurt this fall (finally). I think I have convinced her that given the pure yuckiness of her year, we need to postpone the yurt and head straight to a spa. 3-4 days of TLC, with many massages and facials and steam rooms and whirl pools and just general pampering fits the bill, I think. I'm going to be researching this weekend for one in WI - anyone want to join us? I'm hoping she'll be up for it in late October or so (if I can get her to wait that long, LOL). I think I will try to entice Raoul to join us because Linda needs his extra special pampering. :wink: Who's got him locked up right now??? Kathy? Suz?

On a sad note, her grandfather did pass late last week and she was unable to go to the funeral yesterday. The hits just keep coming for our dear Linda.

But... she is going home and it sounds like perhaps the docs have a better handle on things.

Many gentle hugs to you, my friend! :flower:

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Sad to hear of her gandfather. Hope she is feeling better soon.

If you go to WI let me know I am not far (IA along mississippi river) I will come to help relax and cheer her up.

Beth

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Kathy must have Raoul locked up because it's a cinch I don't :cry: .

Wonderful news that Linda is heading home today. I'll get out my kazoo and blast her husband and kt to wake them up so they can go rescue her NOW.

Hugs to Linda for her recent loss, her continued health struggles, and her optimistic attitude despite all. Bless her heart.

Suz

busywend

Linda, sorry to hear about your grandfather. Sending good thoughts to you and your family. It sure has been rough.

Glad to hear you are heading home from the hospital. I hope husband and kt were not out partying, but out fixing up a relaxation room for you. You take it easy and no more picking up sticks!

As for the spa - sounds fabulous. I think WI may be a pretty long drive for me when you consider the # of lakes I have to drive around! LOL! But, do keep my informed as I would love to meet you both and if I can swing it I will.

nvts

Please let Linda know I'm sorry to hear about her Grandfather passing.

As far as the spa goes: jealous, jealous, jealous!!!!

Get an extra massage done for me (I had one once and was so tense that the girl doing the massage was cracking up!!! :grin:).

Have fun!

Beth

F

flutterbee

Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that you were back in the hospital. Those steroids really throw you for a loop, don't they? They did me and I wasn't on anywhere near the dosages you were/are.

I'm so sorry to hear of your grandfather's passing. So much loss this year.

I think when you and slsh do your spa trip, you should also have a New Year Party. Enough of 2007. The date of your trip should mark the new year for you.

I continue to keep you in my thoughts...

Kathy813

Staff member
Okay, I guess I can't keep being selfish.

I'll send Raoul to Linda along with my healing thoughts (just don't keep him too long ~ oh ~ and make sure he comes right back ~ no stopping in PA to see that mangrabber Suz).

~Kathy

Kathy813

Staff member
Suz and Angelina Jolie ~ 2 peas in a pod.

Come to think of it, they even look alike. :rofl:

~Kathy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
So sorry about your grandfather. I'm sorry you had to have another visit to the hospital-I hope healing comes soon.

Sue,
October is busy this year but maybe I can catch up with you and Linda and whoever else comes for a bit!