Tingling legs and "burny" soles???

DDD

husband has been under the weather for four weeks plus. He has been
to the Doctors etc. and there is no diagnosis. Basically he is
tired all the time and has aches etc. The weird symptom however
is that the bottom of his feet feel "burny"...and it comes and goes. He has "prickly" or "tingly" feelings in the lower part
of his body, particularly his legs. He's had a bunch of lab
tests that show nothing. Any ideas?? DDD

:smile: He made me laugh this morning by telling me "I've
changed shoes to see if that helps." Wouldn't that be something
if his shoes were the problem? LOL

busywend

I had the tingly legs last year. I ended up with MRIs of the neck, the upper, lower and middle back. They were looking for a pinched nerve or a bone spur - but also for MS. Found nothing and it went away.

Neurologist for sure.

crazymama30

I would reccomend a neurologist. It sounds like neuropathy, which is most common in diabetics but you can have non diabetic neuropathy.

Chele

I have restless legs and my tingling comes mostly at night. I have read some have it during the day. Not so much of burning. I would definately insist in more test, get on the internet too, it always helps me.

Good luck!!!!!!

sameold sameold

I also thought of B12 deficiency, my mom has this and she had tingly burning in her hands, they told her it can also happen in your feet, she now has to have B12 shots monthly and she still has some issues with this.

DammitJanet

My husband has really low b12 and has tingling and burning and restless legs. He has to take b12 every day.

I was thinking of restless leg syndrome though too. Have they tested his b12 levels?

DDD

He goes to the Doctor again tomorrow so I am arming him with
questions and suggestions. LOL! Poor man. He doesn't like wimpy women but sometimes....I'm a bit much.

Thanks for the feedback. It has been duly noted. His "big"
birthday present is for him to go to N.C. for a long weekend
Folk School. It's iffy if he is going to feel like making the
trip although he has been thrilled about it. Oh well. I'll let
you all know if we learn anything. DDD

susiestar

Roll With It
It could be some neuro problem that will be hard to pin down. It really stinks. I have had it frequently as part of the fibro. I find that lyrica makes a huge difference for me. I owuld say MRI, check blood levels, and then see what they say. If they can't find a reason, might ask if lyrica would be possible. The recent ad campaign shows someone walking on hot coals or on a cactus, pretty much what your husband is complaining about??

It is a thought.

Susie

DDD

He went to the Doctor this morning and she took more blood for
more tests. I'm surprised he has any more blood in him..lol.
THEN she had him make an appointment to come back in about ten
days. Good Grief!

On the brighter side he left this afternoon so he could "do his
thing" on the way to Marietta and then to the mountains. I sure
hope that getting away from here will bring about a big improvement. I told him "go where you want to go when you want
to go...and when you don't want to go...just stop". I made sure
he knew I wouldn't be hurt if he ditched the school so maybe
being free as a bird might help.

Truth be known???? if he ditches the school I will :hammer:!
LOL DDD

busywend

You have to love the 'next appointment' - I think docs just do it to get more money. I swear. There are so many times where I could just have a 2 minute discussion with a doctor and solve a problem, but nope - have to go back in to the office and pay that copay again!

I hope husband is up to his adventure!