Tipping Camp Counselors

Bugsy

Hi there,

My easy child is at sleepaway camp for the first time and I have no idea what an appropriate tip is for the counselors. I have a call into the camp but usually they do not give a clear idea.

Anyone with recent experience in this area?

Thanks,
Bugsy's Mom

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've never heard of it either. It would never occur to me to tip a camp counselor.

Suz

smallworld

My daughter attends an overnight camp that has a no-tipping policy so we haven't faced that issue. We have given the counselors small gifts (similar to teacher holiday gifts) at the end of the session, however.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Big Bad Kitty</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Shucks, only thing we ever tipped at camp was the cows...;) </div></div>

<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I bet you went snipe hunting too.....thanks for the laugh!</span>

:smile:

meowbunny

I do remember once getting a gift certificate from a mom but it was an extraordinary situation -- I gave her son CPR after an allergic reaction to a bee sting. Other than that, in four years of being a camp counselor, I never knew of anyone receiving a tip or a gift from a parent.

jannie

trying to survive....
I definately hear about tipping day camp counselors, but I have not heard about people tipping sleepover camp counselors. I do believe many overnight camps do have the no tipping policy.

Sometimes I give a day camp tip--others times not--If so, it usually a gift card for cold stone or starbucks....I'd like to give more, but I just run out of money !!