tired of being abused

Steely

You know amaze, I was empathizing with your situation and wishing I had more advice. Then I wondered. How much impact do you think g-dad is having on all of this? If your boys see gpa modeling verbally abusive, degrading behavior towards you - then they are bound to follow suit. I know money is horribly tight, and that you have made some amazing steps with Al-Anon, etc. - but have you thought about trying to move out some more?

On an interesting similar note - my difficult child used to be the worst at tearing me apart verbally. Then H. died. I am not sure if it was him seeing me rocked to my core in grief, or the fact that I too could die - but there was an entire paradigm shift in his treatment towards me. I cannot explain it in any other way other than I think, for once, he saw me differently. He saw me as whole, vulnerable, but not as his Mom.

Just wonder if getting a paradigm shift for your boys, where they see you as a person struggling to get the soup on the table every day - and sorry thats all we have - would be a reality catalyst for them. Just a thought.

Steely

I understand. Such a common thread on this board. If I had a million, zillion dollars I would support moms like you, and me, and all of us on this board that are sacrificing everything to stay home with our kids, because no on else can or will care for them.