TiredMommy...I'm reminding you!

tiredmommy

There used to be another member here that referred to her son as "Skip" for a short while (Janet knows who I mean). She called him that because of the way he would skip around. Now Duckie was extremely sensory sensitive at this point; loud noises and bright lights would make her cringe (and meltdown). It was so bad that husband and I weren't even able to gently toss her a soft playground ball without her... ducking. So we started calling her Duckie. :)

So... this is a good topic... does anyone else have a story about how their difficult child got their site name?

Lothlorien

Missy is just a play on her real name. Mighty Mouse got his name, because he was pretty strong as a baby. He was playing with his door once. It had a rubber wedge in it so that he wouldn't close his fingers in the door. He pushed and pushed so hard that the door began to pull off the hinges. Hence, Mighty Mouse. Now, he should just be called Lego, because he loves them.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
My difficult child names are generic :p But my screen name pulls letters from each of their names.

If I had to come up with actually CREATIVE names for them, I think difficult child 1 would be Mr. Pokemon, difficult child 2 would be Mr. Lizard, and easy child would be The Pagemaster.

mstang67chic

Going Green
I don't really have a nickname here for difficult child. Now in real life? Depends on where he's at on my poo list at the time. LOL

But....a friend of mine refers to him as Nugget Boy or NB for short. This is due to difficult child's penchance for shaving....um....down there. He had a difficult child type legitimate reason for it....to begin with. He was going to try out for the swimming team at school one year and because "professional" swimmers shave....so did he. I may have posted about that as I had to teach my SON how to shave his legs. LOL But, in typical difficult child fashion, he took it a step further, I suppose in preparation for the swim team speedos....even though I'm not entirely sure they even wear those. :slap: He didn't even qualify to try out though because of his grades but would occasionally resume his grooming routine. Rumor has it he did it once because a girl said she would sleep with him if he did. Nothing ever happened but he did it anyway.

lmf64

When I first joined this site I was monsterchildmom and I referred to difficult child as monsterchild or on a really bad day monster child from he**. in real life he's Bubba and has been since he was less than 2 and told me I couldn't call him baby anymore. My little niece, who I feel will eventually be a difficult child is Boo or Boozer. She's just a year old so there's a long time to go before we can determine her status, but her oldest brother is definetly on the spectrum (undiagnosed) and her next older brother is so like older that I think we're going to have an entire generation of males in the family somewhere on the spectrum.

MyFriendKita

I may have posted about that as I had to teach my SON how to shave his legs.

My son also shaves his legs (not to the bare skin, and no nugget grooming that I'm aware of :tongue: ), because he doesn't like the way the hair sticks in his socks. I was shocked to find a big wad of red hair in the tub (being a difficult child he didn't clean it up, of course), and couldn't figure out what he was doing for the longest time. He's never been diagnosis with any sensory issues, but he does have some quirks in that area. He has a lot of nicknames in real life (none can be repeated here), but on the board he's always just been difficult child.

witzend

I always hated nicknames as a child, because I was picked on an awful lot and the names weren't often nice. So, I never gave the kids nicknames.

I do have nicknames for the dogs, though. Bubba is "Bad Dog." Think George Thorogood. He's "Buh-Bubba Bad - To the bone." Mandy's just "Goofy Girl", or sometimes "Miss Priss".

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Mind didn't have screen names............I guess I wasn't that creative. lol

Nichole used to be called pig pen......after the Charlie Brown character. When she was a toddler and would walk a cloud of dust followed her cuz she liked to play in the dirt. As a baby she was Stinkerbelle. lol

Travis was always Bam Bam. OMG was that kid strong as an ox, even as a baby. Hugs from him could always crush your ribs.

easy child was Miss Priss or News At Eleven............on that last one.......she got into playing newslady for a while. lmao ;)

DammitJanet

Mine really never had nicknames either though at one time Cory was Biddy boy.

In real life, only Cory's name isnt his nickname. Billy is short for his name, Jamie is the nickname for his middle name, James. My mom called Jamie and Cory...Jamestown Flood and Coryboy.

When Cory was really little I used to call him bug but it didnt last.