TLC...I thought Sister Wives was bad

...It was so bad, but I couldn't stop watching. Now there is a show about people addicted to strange things like eating toilet paper- the lady was eating the squares whole without chewing, or the lady sleeping with her hair dryer on all night, every night. One lady eats Comet cleanser. This is what I did with my week off from work! I went to TLC's website and watched videos of women who didn't know they were pregnant. One baby fell headfirst onto the concrete floor. OMG.

H

HaoZi

Isn't the eating of strange things often a vitamin or mineral deficiency? Pica or something like that.

M

Mamaof5

Most likely Pica. I saw the commercial for it. It doens't "premiere" until the 13th of Jan here in Canada.

Mattsmom277

The addicted to strange things show is pretty neat. I think the new season starts here in Canada soon, but there was a season aired here already so I saw a few. Including one where a woman ate chalk and one where another ate raw meat. Some of these people ended up having pica, others did not but had other reasons they did things. They also had a woman addicted to her monkey or something, and one being advertised as airing soon is something about addicted to her puppet.

KTMom91

I saw the previews for that one...someone is addicted to sleeping with her blow dryer.

I liked Sister Wives...and I'm curious to see if they have another season. Kody seemed to be in way in over his head after taking the fourth wife...neither Kody nor Robyn seemed all that popular with the other three after that.

That Kody is so creepy. I do feel bad for the wives even though they knew what they were getting into. It seems like he is more into Robyn, and the other wives are jealous. Can you imagine being jealous like that all day, while your husband lusts after someone else in your own home?? And how about when it's your turn to watch all 16 kids???? or cook for everyone?? And that creep Kody doesn't do a thing but walk around like he's the king.

witzend

Honestly I think it's shameful to put programs like that on for entertainment. TLC lost me as a viewer a long time ago.

susiestar

Roll With It
I watched a few clips of Sister Wives and thought it was dumb. I don't much care what others do in their own homes, but I really don't think that is a choice that the modern world will leave alone. I never saw anything about the new wife, but it really seemed to me like the women just didn't want to be alone. Otherwise, well, I don't think they would have latched on to that guy and allowed him to get away with the other wives. The wives were all jealous enough of each other before a new wife was mentioned, so I have a strong feeling they are NOT bound for marital bliss in the future. Personally, I cannot figure out why a guy would WANT to have to deal with four wives! Many guys have a hard enough time with just one wife, lol!! Esp as moody as some women can get while pregnant! I know my husband would not even THINK about it because I am enough of a handful, lol. When I was pregnant I was TERRIBLE even though I worked really HARD not to be. And it got worse with each child, so NO WAY would he want to add more of that chaos - no house would be big enough, lol.

As for the strange eating, I haven't seen that one. TLC has some really strange shows.

donna723

I watch a lot of those shows but I won't be watching the one about the people eating the bizarre stuff. It really bothers me just to see the commercials with those women eating toilet paper and laundry detergent! Bleeeeech!

witzend

I watch a lot of those shows but I won't be watching the one about the people eating the bizarre stuff. It really bothers me just to see the commercials with those women eating toilet paper and laundry detergent! Bleeeeech!

I'm sorry, this is just exploitation plain and simple. If they are eating non-food items, they need to see a doctor and see what their diet is missing. They don't need to make a freak show out of it. How did we sink so low?

svengandhi

I couldn't even watch the commercial without heaving and that's saying a lot because my favorite type of show is the true crime genre, which can be gory!

As for Sister/Wives, I have no comment. The topic triggers me so badly I can't even leave the commercials on. I personally find the concept nauseating.

H

HaoZi

I haven't watched it, but my first thought was the old "If Mama ain't happy, NOBODY's happy" thing. If THREE Mama's ain't happy.... hoovers to be him.