TM or anyone ....Question about Dolls

DammitJanet

This may sound incredibly dumb but...Keyana is in love with dolls. I dont want her to get into the Bratz anytime sooner or later but she loves Barbie though I know she hasnt a clue who she is.

I found a soft doll that looks something like Barbie but is completely soft. Anyone know what these are called? Are there any other types like that? Are they other types of dolls that are not babies but cute type dolls that we can be on the lookout for?

This is going to be such a "girl" kid I think...lol.

susiestar

Roll With It
I don't know. Jess spent aobut a month wanting Barbie, but after I pointed out several things like "how many women do you see that have racks like Barbie?" WEll, I said it differently, but you know.

I asked her all sorts of questions, she told me she only wanted a Barbie so she could play with Stephanie and Ricky. I laughed so very hard. Said she was welcome to. Laughed because Ricky is the very macho father of her BFF. We always end up catching him playing girly things. Maybe i will ask him??

Agree with the Bratz. I really do not want a BRAT, so why would I encourage BRATZ?? Just MHO, I know most of the world seems to feel differently.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have a rack like Barbie! - I hang my clothes on it all the time.

It looks just like the one that came with the Barbie Townhouse.

Josie

Maybe you are talking about Groovy Girls?

My girls didn't really play with dolls but it seems like these dolls were popular with other girls.

Groovy Girlz!! Yes, Fairly Odd Parent is right.

They are SO cool. They are completely flat, and have a knotted little belly button. Their accessories are adorable.

I've been getting these for Tink for 4 years and tell everyone to get these for her instead of Barbies or Bratz.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
It also depends on how much you want to spend. I really love the American Girl dolls. There are different ones from different eras and then there are some that you just buy. They have accessories. If she is a girlie girl and takes care of things they are well worth the money. Target and Walmart had some like them for a while too. Not sure if they still do or not. Tents sleeping bags, beds etc etc etc.

Just depends on the dolls and how long you want her to have them. I just know that he American girl ones are sooooo cool if a little pricey.

Beth

tiredmommy

There are some really cute Disney Princess dolls out right now. They are the princesses as little girls and suitable for probably age two up. I think they were between $15 and $20 at KB Toys. There are cute Strawberry Shortcakes out as well. Plus Cabbage Patch kids. They are especially great if you can find one that resembles Keyana, Duckie loved that. I think we may have the soft and bendable Barbie you mentioned. We got it at Dollar General for maybe $8 last year. I noticed recently that the store now has some accessories for it, a bed I think.
If it were me, though, I'd keep with the baby dolls, Cabbage Patch and the like for now. Traditional fashion dolls are just a source of frustration for little hands that can't quite dress or pose them.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
The Fisher Price Lil Mommy dolls are adorable. They're not expensive. easy child got one for Aubrey that looks just like her. lol

Aubrey also already has her own American Girl doll, the Bitty Baby. Wonderful dolls, but a bit on the steep side.....yet they last. Nichole still has her Bitty Baby and accessories from when she was a little girl.

Fisher Price also has these adorable playsets out for toddlers that are Little People, but the figures are posable. I want to get Aubrey at least one set for xmas.

I gotta tell ya, I am trying to steer Tink away from the princess dolls anymore, because she wants to know why she is not a princess, like a REAL princess.

Kind of having a hard time separating fantasy from reality. I wonder if it is the age, or the child. In our case, the Groovy Girlz is the best bet.

DammitJanet

Gosh so much to think about!!

With boys it was Tonka trucks and GI Joe. Maybe throw in a He Man or a Skelator and they were happy.

It's all what you are used to.

I had Copper for 8 years. Girl stuff was easy. Easy bake ovens, baby dolls, make-up kits, dress-up. And then along came DEX with all these sons. OMG, can't use toy guns, too violent, this one doesn't like baseball, if we get this one a truck we have to get that one a truck or he will cry, but this one is bound to break it...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh keep in mind that even the most girlie girls sometimes want a tonka truck or matchbox cars too. I know easy child did. For her fifth birthday I will never forget the only thing she wanted (and she was very girlie at that point) was a set of Tools. You never know anymore about these girls. One day its a doll the next it is a hammer and then its a dress, then its a football.

Beth

TerryJ2

Here's how you play GrownUp Barbie:
Grab the Barbie nearest to you, which is probably under the bed, covered with-dog hair, but otherwise naked.
Have husband grab Ken.
Ken is dressed up in a suit and tie.
He knocks on the (invisible) door. Barbie comes to the door to greet him. (It's too much work to make her legs move so you just make her hop walk all at one time.)
She is shocked to see him at the door.
He is shocked to see her naked.
"Why are you naked?"
"I work for PETA. You aren't wearing leather shoes, are you?"
"Uh, I don't know."
"I suppose you drove over to take me out for a hamburger, you clod!" Then Barbie karate chops Ken over the head (use sound effects.)

Who needs cars and guns?