To all board members...

F

flutterbee

who's flights have been cancelled, who's identity has been stolen, who's family members have fallen ill, who are struggling with depression, who's bodies have failed them, who's kids are driving them batty, who's cars have broken down, who's roofs are rotted, who's basements are leaking, who are losing sleep over their kids and for who things just won't go right no matter how hard you try......

When you wake up Saturday morning, roll over, pull the covers over your head and go back to sleep. Or put a movie in. Or read a book. Or grab your laptop and gab with the other board members doing the same thing.

Everything will still be there a couple hours later. And a lot of us could really use a break.

Wiped Out

Staff member
How sweet-and what a great idea! I have to work early Saturday but will be home by 9:30 and will go back to bed and pull up my covers! After that I will find some time for some new books I just bought.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
EXCELLENT advice ! :D

But I'll have to postpone my sleep-in until Sunday... difficult child 1 and easy child are in a track meet Saturday morning, and difficult child 2 is finishing his last session of his neuropsychologist evaluation at the same time. Oh well...

AmyH

I am in! We don't have anything to do until noon. difficult child has allowed me little sleep this week. He has been having graphic nightmares and is extremely scared.

dreamer

wyntersgrace- I had been trying to think of something to say, how to say it for a couple days. It sure does seem a LOT is weighing heavy on everyone right now, more than usual, doesn't it? I just could not figure out quite what to say or how to say it. Thank you for saying something. :)
Me? I am gonna hide in a good book for 2 hours tonite- no matter what, even if the sky is falling.

dreamer

Oh, my 3 cars were last month, but my furnace was this week, does that count, too? Can I do an EXTRA session of under covers for excessive # of issues? LOL. (just kidding gosh the family would implode and self destruct if I did)

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHY YOU LOVELY GIRL -

I thought - YES YEEEEEEEEEEEEES she is so right. I will take that advice and sleep in tomorrow - and then I got a call from difficult child needing to come to my house "early" - 7ish....to meet his friend for the day. The fosters have already arranged it to drop him off - every one was on board with it - just needed my approval.

All I can say is "OKAY BUT WHEN YOU COME IN - BEEEEEEEEEEEEE QUIET."

I told him we were doing yard work - and he said (oh gosh really?) Oh well I'll be dressed up I can't really help. Uh huh.......

sometimes I want to be so like, um....fer shure......
:full:
WHATEVER

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wonderful idea.

easy child was called off, so I don't have Darrin tonight. Unfortunately I do have to take Nichole to work in the morning. But maybe I'll climb back into bed when I get back home.

Hugs

mstang67chic

Going Green
I slept in today while husband and difficult child went to the doctor. (hee hee hee) But doing it again tomorrow sounds great! Especially since our new mattress set was delivered the other day. :sleeping:

Thanks for that too! What a great thought!

:flower:

KTMom91

Sounds wonderful! When Hubby gets up to go to work, I'll smile sweetly, roll over, hug my dog, and go back to sleep. He can go through McDonald's drive-thru for a breakfast burrito.

F

flutterbee

Well, I know I will be sleeping in. difficult child has just gone to bed (4:40 AM). Up all night doing her 'angst' thing. Not, not about body image or sex. She's not happy. She's lonely for friends. She cried.

She wanted to get out of the house, so at 3:30 this morning we went for a drive. Guess she gets that from me.

And I decided to come down with a fever today. Not sure why. Other than a mild headache, some dizziness and the goosebumps, I feel fine.

TerryJ2

Awwww, how sweet. Nice idea.
But ... I'm doing a poetry reading in an hr, and easy child and husband are out of the house so difficult child will be alone for 3 hrs (gulp ... I think he'll just watch wrestling videos). I flew to NYC this wk to start the process of moving an elderly cousin to our state. She's a total nutcase, former actress but always, always on stage. :crazy1:We leave for the beach this afternoon so maybe this wk I'll get some of that R&R, but husband can't figure out why it stresses me out MORE to go on vacation. Uh, hey, the kids are there, especially difficult child. THAT's relaxing. Not.:faint: