To everyone going to Cleveland . . .

smallworld

. . . just want you to know that I will miss meeting you all. I'm in New Hampshire visiting my parents. My mother was diagnosed with lung cancer in April, and she's been going through heavy-duty radiation and chemo treatments. Because we faced a tough decision about placing J in a wilderness program (and quite frankly, husband was freaking out about it), I wasn't able to visit my parents until J went to Georgia. In spite of my mom's fatigue, we're having a really nice time. Plus I'm able to help my dad out with the errands and cooking. husband and I will be picking A and M up from their overnight camp in Maine this weekend and bringing them back to New Hampshire so they can see my parents, too.

In any event, I just wanted you to know why I won't be joining you. Hope you have a wonderful time!!! I expect to see pictures and a long write-up posted on the board early next week.:D

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Enjoy your time with your parents, SW. I'm really sorry about your mom's illness. :( I'll keep her in my prayers... We'll be thinking of you this weekend!

klmno

Adding my well-wishes for your mother and family visit, SW.

To the others going to Cleveland, I hope everyone has a safe and fun trip. I'm there in spirit and wish I could have met everyone! I hope I can do it in the not-so-far future.

mstang67chic

Going Green
So sorry to hear about your mom and I'm sorry you won't be able to make it. We'll be sure to think of you and everyone else who couldn't make it. Have a good visit at the folk's though and I hope your mom is feeling better soon.

LOL Could you imagine though if ALL of us managed to get together? I think the staff at whateve hotel we stayed at would go on a sabbatical after we left!! :rofl:

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
LOL Could you imagine though if ALL of us managed to get together? I think the staff at whateve hotel we stayed at would go on a sabbatical after we left!!

Actually, they might quite. lol

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother's illness. I will be keeping her in my prayers. It's nice that you're getting to spend this time with her and your Dad. We'll be thinking of you dear.

((hugs))

Nancy

I would have liked to meet you too, I'm sorry you won;t make it but I completely understand. I'm sorry your mom is ill and I'll keep her in my thoughts.

Nancy

Fran

Former desparate mom
I am so sorry to not have met you this trip. I hope you will have a wonderful time with your parents and your children.
Some day hopefully our paths will cross. Many hugs about your mom's diagnosis. I'm so glad you have this time with her.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'm sorry to hear about your Mom's illness, but glad to hear that you are able to go and spend some time with her and your family. I'm not sure which wilderness camp in GA your J is in - but I can tell you that if the camp doesn't work it out of him - the heat surely will. It's bloody hot here. One of the best placements we had Dude in was in GA. Keep the faith!

I'm with Daisy - I think had we all gotten together? Wholey smokes - the staff at any hotel would have needed a board of their OWN for support after meeting us.

Safe Journey -

DammitJanet

Special hugs to your mom and family. Sorry you cant make it but maybe the next one.

Im giggling over the thought of all of us in one place. Lets see...Club medication anyone? But I am NOT doing the name tags for that get together!!!

Mumbles...I have got to find my white slip...Oh Rocky, be a dear and see if we left it in Frankie's lab?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I'll be at the bar with the others raising my glass in a toast. So sorry you won't be joining us but you are where you need to be and we understand.

Suz :wine:

Wiped Out

Staff member
SW,
I'm sorry to hear about your mom. It's nice you can be there to help. I will keep her in my prayers.

busywend

SW - I am sorry I will not get to meet you this time out. Sending prayers and positive thoughts your way. I hope your mom is feeling better soon.

HUGS!