To those of you parenting girls, either difficult child or easy child...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I can deal with difficult child's racing thru the house. Muddy shoes and all.
I currently have only 3 broken windows due to difficult child issues.
I am used to rough and tumble boys beating on each other and nothing short of WWF refs required to intervene.
I am accustomed to watching my back for flying skillets, stepping on hotwheels, and digging up graveyards of downed plastic soldiers in the flower bed.
Worms and frogs don't bother me, even in my bed. I laugh and relocate them to another bed. We have a display case with skeletons and petrified lizards in it.
We've had pet coons. Pet possums. A "pet" muskrat named Carl who ate his way out of his plastic pet crate. Dog puke on my bed doesn't phase me.
They had water gun fights and used the fishtank to reload.
The boys are responsible for one of the two best senior pranks in the history of the school (harmless, but very smelly).
They can be immature. They fart, they snore, they grab their crotches, and grossed each other out by showing the chewed food in their mouths. Belching is an olympic sport in my house. They welded each other's tools to the work bench. Sometimes they welded my tools to the work bench. They blew up aerosol cans in fires. They built "sparkler bombs". They used black tape by the case. They made potato guns that could launch a potato 200 yards and splatter it like a rotten tomato on the side of the barn. For that matter, they splattered rotten tomatoes on the side of the barn.
They jumped the Oldsmobile in the pasture.
When they got in a fight, they beat the tar out of each other. Five minutes later, they were best buddies. Brothers for life.
But the petty, catty, cliquey, moody, underhanded, and just plain annoying carp that easy child 2 pulls as a typical, moody, PMS-ing 'tween girl...DRIVES ME CRAZY.

DammitJanet

Yeah Shari....I have my worries...lol.

Boys seem to be more "out there" in what they do. There is no pretense or hiding what they are up to. Girls seem to be more manipulative and sneaky. I keep hoping and praying that Keyana stays sweet and good. I know...Im dreaming.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
I agree!!! My boy was a walk in the park compared to my girls!! Yep, lizards, frogs, a snake or two, muddy cleats across brand new carpet, using my spaghetti strainer to "save" bugs out of the pond (not washing it, then telling me AFTER I drained my pasta in it), mud football across a newly sod lawn, 4 wheeling in intesting places, belching the ABC's, farting at embarrassing moments...all of this, a walk in the park!!!

Girls are just plan mean!! This morning difficult child tried filling several baggies with nearly all the food in my pantry, just to be able to share with girls at school so that they would talk to her. These are the same awful girls that told difficult child yesterday that she was ugly and couldn't be their friend (difficult child is the most beautiful 11 yo girl I know!). Mean, just plain mean!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
LOL - you are SO right.

Even Erma Bombeck saw it that way.

She said something like...

MOM: "What are you doing?"

SON: "Man, it was COOL! Joey just threw the cat down the laundry chute!"

DAUGHTER: "Nothing." ...as she is destroying all of your makeup...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Oh but now with girls you get all those surprises like whether or not they are posessed by satan on any given day. the tween age is just painful. sorry.

beth

BusynMember

Thanks for the sympathy :tongue:

Actually, my first daughter was like Chinese Water Torture, but this one is a really nice kid. And one of my son's almost drove me to drink.

I'm really going to enjoy my empty nest when it happens. I'm moving onto dogs. MALE dogs.

donna723

We had a very complicated family situation back then but my daughter was 100 times worse to contend with than my son was! I was never sure if it was that way for everybody or if it was just my particular two kids. Boys are on a more even keel than girls are. And boys don't seem to go through the mandatory "I HATE MY MOTHER" phase like girls do! My son might have sometimes 'forgotten' to fill me in on some things that he did, but he never did brazenly look me right in the eye and lie to me like my daughter did. Boys can turn your hair gray with some of their exploits but girls can be flat out mean and sneaky and devious! You have no idea how much I wish that this board had been around back when my daughter was between the ages of 11 to 16!

It's not just my imagination either! She admits it now that she's a grown woman! My daughter just gave birth to a little baby boy three weeks ago. And when she was pregnant, she was tickled to death to find out that he was a boy! She had hoped and prayed for a little boy! And she told me that the main reason she wanted a boy so badly was that she remembered what a booger she had been as a pre-teen and a teenager and she had no desire to have to contend with a daughter that might be just like she was!

Wiped Out

Staff member
I understand what you are saying. I still can't decide if she is difficult child or typical teen in a bad way!

flutterby

Fly away!
When my daughter is pms'ing, she turns into Medusa and I'm afraid to make eye contact.

But, I'll take that over my currently cocky, arrogant, idiotic-acting, almost 18 year old son.

Estrogen makes the girls scary. Testosterone makes the boys just plain stupid sometimes.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Let's just say I'm more than glad my raising days are over. :D

But there were moments when I was positve neither girl would make it to 18. lol

((hugs))

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'll be the old block out here. My daughter was/is the easiest one to raise. She didn't even know a boy existed until about 17. Never had a slamming door, yelling fight, etc.

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I'll be the old block out here. My daughter was/is the easiest one to raise. She didn't even know a boy existed until about 17. Never had a slamming door, yelling fight, etc.Abbey

Yep, that was my easy child for the most part. She was just very easy and we always got along. Things were a little icky and difficult when she was 14, but it passed. She's always been a complete joy, no real trouble, not temper tantrums - just easy.