To top it all off...

flutterby

Fly away!
I think I'm having some minor hearing loss. I've been noticing little things for several months, but lately difficult child is really complaining about the tv being too loud, yet I'm still missing parts of what is being said.

I've had ringing in my ears since I was a teenager. It would come and go, then in my mid to early twenties it became constant, but fairly mild. It was one of those things that just progressed, so you got used to it and didn't think about it. Actually, most of my symptoms have been like that. But, it has been getting worse over the last 2 years, is a very high pitch and has gotten so bad over the last 3 days that it's actually painful. It's worse in my right ear and there is also a muffled undertone, so all I really hear out of that ear is the ringing.

But, at the same time, I'm very sensitive to loud noises...or certain pitches. I haven't taken the time to discern between the two.

I think I'm going to make an appointment tomorrow with the ENT. There is an audiologist who works in that office, too. The ringing in my right ear is becoming pretty miserable.

I'm really too young and rather sick of this stuff.

flutterby

Fly away!
I do and I checked it. It's 110/70. Heart rate is a little high for resting...88, but that's not unusual for me.

I do make too much ear wax and thought that could be it. But, I did a thorough rinse with a bulb syringe and warm water...no help.

Thanks for the idea, though.

I've had the ringing for years. It's never been an issue. I was used to it and it was just there. But, it's so bad now that it is keeping me awake at night...which doesn't help with feeling miserable.

flutterby

Fly away!
It's listed as a symptom of nearly everything I've been tested for, and for the additional things I'm going to be tested for. So, it seems to be pretty non-specific.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Flutter,

Believe it or not....I have hearing loss, and I listed it as one of the top 10 most annoying things on my list when I went to the doctor. They brought a little portable hearing test in the office. I have significant hearing loss in my left hear. (More than likely due to due Rock and Roll)

However I was told certain medications, fluid in the ears, and taking large quantities of aspirin (like I was for headaches and arthritis) will also make your ears ring badly. FYI.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
H, please don't take this for a lack of concern but I'm going to ask you the same question that kt was asked when complaining of hearing issues.

How long & loud do you use headphones, play music in the car, etc. Apparently, according to audiologist, because of headsets for everything people are losing their hearing younger & younger.

Just something to consider.

flutterby

Fly away!
I never use headsets or earphones for anything...not since I was a teenager.

As an added bonus, my lips and tongue are now tingling.

susiestar

Roll With It
If the tingling gets worse, or more things start, please go to the ER.

Have your ears been cleaned out recently? Jess had started the ringing and hearing loss. THen it started to hurt really bad. So husband took her to the doctor. Her ears were packed with wax and gunk. They had to dig a bunch out and then flush them several times. Then dig some more out!

She had medications and that part is done, but she has been told to watch out because the wax problem could recur.

I am sorry you don't feel good.

flutterby

Fly away!
Yep, did the ear rinsing thing first. The ear wax thing has been an issue since I was a teenager, so I'm pretty good about staying on top of that.

TPaul

Idecor8
Flutter,
My ears tend to have a sound like a beating or pulsing going on. A friend of mine has the same problem as you. She has tried an over the counter product and it seems to help she said. I will try to remember to ask her what she is using and let you know.
Tpaul