Today at school

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
First, I got this note from Wee:
Mom, I rnd 2 choclets for mi clasmats. I love you.

That's HUGE for him.

And then, I got this from the sped teacher just now:
90% Today!!! (on his behavior chart - his goal is 70%) rough start this morning, we were spelling and I could tell he was getting heightened. I let him walk around the room/sit in his cubby-hole that we made (partitioned off a corner of the room with a bookshelf for him to hide in) for about 25 minutes and then he came back and was ready to work and finished it. He did not earn on-task points during this time, but he did earn in-control points. He did not receive his bonus time for that hour; but the rest of the day was great.
SRO came today and they played outside and he got to see his friend at lunch time. Have a good day, I'm glad that you liked his note earlier!

Now... Why can't they just leave her alone and let her deal with Wee...

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sounds like she gets it! Those are great little victories for Wee :bigsmile: I'm glad he had such a great day!

DammitJanet

Well it took me 5 minutes to figure out "rnd" but other than the fact that I am slow....that is a great report!

(admit it folks, how many thought he round?)

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Rnd took me quite a while, too! lol

In fact, I had given up and gone back to working when it just "hit" me what it said. lol

Marguerite

THe more success there is with the least interference, the less justification Bprincipal has for putting in her oar. Roll on more success!

How about feeding this success back to the super? "Thank you for your support thus far; I thought I would share a few days' success stories with you."

Marg

susiestar

Roll With It
Call me dense, but I still cannot figure out "Rnd". Help?

It sounds like Wee did extremely well!! Give him a pat on the back from this board auntie!!

The principal CAN leave the awesome sp ed teacher alone. If she doesn't, maybe you can point out to the school's attorney that when it is just the sp ed teacher that Wee does very well, but when principal sticks her uneducated and idiotic fingers into the pie it all turns out badly. Let the superintendent and/or school atty tell her to BUT T OUT!.

Make double darn sure you are keeping these messages/reports in a diary or journal of some kind - they will likely come in very handy with the principal.

susiestar

Roll With It
That is awesome! I like his spelling. Even more that he was able to earn treats for his classmates is really awesome!!

Way To Go Wee!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. Have you seen the commercial where the mom is driving the pig home as the pig yells "Weee Weeee Weeee" out the window the entire time? it always makes me think of Wee, lol!!!

DammitJanet

You know how there are just some kids on here that are priceless. Well, wee and his spelling will always be one. rnd. LOL.

We wont go into what Cory is priceless for. The oldies know...lmao! So do a few waiters in Cleveland....giggles.

Marguerite

RND - earned! lol

I hadn't been able to get it either - now I understand why. I read everybody's posts with an Aussie [mental] accent, and we don't pronounce the R the same way you guys do!

Marg

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
And ya know, now that I know what it is, for some reason, "urn" pops into my mind when I re-read this note. Not "earn". Even tho I say them exactly the same.

In my noggin, I see "urn-ed".

He thought of words and spelled them all the way home from town tonight. He spelled "city" as "site", and "grave" he started with "gaf", then caught the R and the V, so he spelled it "grav". This is after a shaky month of school with a sped teacher that gets him. Really gets him. I can only imagine where he could have been...but, maybe we'll get there soon.