today in court

ctmom05

Today was the wrap up of dozens of court appearances for our youngest. He was sentenced to 25 years in prison, suspended after 15, with 5 years probation. Because his bond had been in excess of 1,000,000 you can imagine how serious the charges had to be.

We knocked on so many doors while he was growing up, seeking mental health support. He had lots, and lots, and lots of treatment. Unfortunately, he didn't embrace it.

DammitJanet

Well...at least it is over. Im trying to digest the sentence. Does this mean he has to serve 15 years or is he just on probation for 5 years? Im kinda not good with all that. I get confused. Or maybe its 10. Math isnt my strongest subject anymore.

tiredmommy

{{{ctmom}}} I'm sorry your difficult child took this path. No one holds their newborn child and imagines that they will grow up to be incarcerated.

DammitJanet

Oh gosh, 15 years. Sigh. That is so long for you guys. I am so incredibly sorry. I realize my last post didnt sound very supportive and pretty factual. I was basically just trying to take it all in. The thought of jail or prison does make my heart just break. I hope he is close enough for you to visit if that is what you want to do.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry. I know you did everything you could think of, and then a lot more, to try to help him have a better life than this. I am sorry you are hurting over all that could have been. I will pray he becomes receptive to a program like the choice therapy ones that are taught in prisons.

Sending many hugs and prayers. I am so very sorry. This all must have been very serious.

DDD

Please let me send my very sincere sympathy and supportive thoughts. I do understand the sadness and frustration of knowing you have done everything possible to avoid a sad result. Sometimes the very best efforts can't prevent dire consequences. Many hugs coming to you and your husband. DDD

Very sorry that it came to this. wife and I are about to head down the same court and prison road, I think, although not as serious charges. It's just sad they choose this in spite of everything, all the other paths that they could so easily have followed. Lots of sympathy going out to you.

CrazyinVA

Staff member
I'm so sorry, how heartbreaking. I know you did everything humanly possible to try to help him make the right choices. Hugs.

T

toughlovin

So sorry to hear this. It is just heartbreaking as a mom to do so much for them and then have them do stuff like this and end up incarcerated. Hugs.... you will get through this. You have done what you can.