Today is Jamie's 30th birthday...now only one left in the 20's!

DammitJanet

I cant believe I am old enough to have two kids in their 30's and one who will turn 28 in 13 days.

I talked to Jamie earlier today and he just sounds so good. He is a good adult, good father, good worker...he has a good life. He said everyone was teasing him today about turning 30 and he told them heck, its great, that just means only 23 more years till I can retire...then he said he cried because its TWENTY THREE more years! He is funny guy.

We made it though! Two of mine are on their own! Isn't life grand? How did we get this old? I still feel like I'm 13. Sometimes I act like it too. I always wonder who this person is in the mirror who looks like my mom.

DammitJanet

OMGosh....I am lmao about looking like your mom. So do I!!!! And I didnt like my mom so it is particularly upsetting...lol.

I am really enjoying my empty nest even if it took moving away to get it.

Estherfromjerusalem

Yes Janet, it is sobering, isn't it, when the children hit the round numbers. My oldest is now 45. I have one daughter, I was 30 when she was born. I've just had a birthday, I was 69 and I am upset to think that I am now on the way to 70 (!!!!), and she is on her way to 40. It is mind-blowing. But then I think of the alternative, and I am happy to be alive and still be able to enjoy them. I can't understand why they still want to come and visit me, some of them have quite large families and sometimes if they come to stay for Shabbat (Friday night and Saturday, we are orthodox Jews) then it is a long time and I find these days that I just don't want to be with small children any more, or with so many people. Then I take myself off to my bedroom with the newspapers and just put my feet up and read in bed for as long as I can! It is good to see them as functioning adults. I know I am blessed, but I often find the blessings quite difficult to cope with. Jamie sounds like a lovely person -- enjoy him.

Love, Esther

DammitJanet

Oh I know how you feel about having a bunch of kids and small children around. When all of mine are here I want to hide! Problem is this little rental house doesnt have a door on the master bedroom...lol. We were supposed to go get one from the landlord when we first moved in but Tony never went. It wasnt that big a deal when its just us here.