Today is my DCs birthday

wakeupcall

Today is my son's birthday. I've chosen not to spend it with him. Last week I bought him shoes, lunch and gave him a card; I refuse to change my Saturday plans because he MIGHT show up sometime today. He's ungrateful and uncaring...so hard to imagine I raised him. He said he might move to live with his bio family, that was heartbreaking for me. I can hardly type I'm so upset, but he'll never know it; I won't let him have that control of me. I pray every day that he will grow up. Maybe it will happen...some day.

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
((HUGS)) to you this morning.
Last week I bought him shoes, lunch and gave him a card
What a special, loving thing you did for him.
He said he might move to live with his bio family, that was heartbreaking for me. I can hardly type I'm so upset, but he'll never know it; I won't let him have that control of me. I pray every day that he will grow up. Maybe it will happen...some day.
I am so sorry. I hope he will someday realize how special you are.
I hope you will do something good for yourself.

New Leaf

Hi Wakeup,
(((HUGS)))
So sorry for your heartbreak.
I am estranged from my daughter, her birthday just passed. It is a weird feeling.

Hang in there.
Maybe one day they'll come round, yah?

In the mean time, do wonderful things for you!

TerryJ2

Wakeup, I think you are doing everything right. You have purchased things that he needs, but you have not allowed him to cross your boundaries. Good job! I'm proud of you. Take care of yourself. :)

dstc_99

Cry it out at home and smile when you deal with him.

It isn't easy. I remember the first time we were dealing with Tay being gone for her birthday. It was horrible but at the same time we just continued to roll on like nothing was happening. In the end that is what helped us to change. We just continued to roll and didn't let her or her issues stop us from living our lives.