today is the day - please pray

Steely

for my strength to get through it, and that M will get the help he needs.

Today all the doctors., staff, & counselors are going to meet, talk, and make a decision on whether Matt can stay at his Residential Treatment Center (RTC) since his violent episode on Thanksgiving. He is still in the hospital at this point.

I am bracing myself to hear the outcome while at work, which stinks. I am on my mental psyching up ramp - and hopefully I will be to the top by the time I get to work, and able to handle anything that comes my way.

If he can't stay at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC) I will have to scramble fast to figure out what to do. I am running out of options.

Thanks for your shoulders to lean on.

klmno

Sending strength and well-wishes your way. Is there any chance they can recommend a plan if they don't allow him to stay? Any word from the psychiatric hospital on their recommendation or assessment?

susiestar

Roll With It
I have my arm around your shoulder, helping you through whatever comes at you today. No matter what, something will be figured out. Make sure you lean on that hospital to do a good job lining up services for after he is released. They can't just say Bye!, they have to line up aftercare services.

LEt us know tonight what happens. Ihope work goes smoothly, but am here with you no matter what.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Steely -

This is where the rubber meets the road hon and you're going to have to muster up ALL the "OH NO YOU DO NOT" you have left and tell them that should they decide he can't be at THAT Residential Treatment Center (RTC) - THEN THEY HAD BETTER COME UP WITH PLAN B - because JUST because he had a psychotic episode does NOT mean he's healed well enough to come HOME....(really who is running this carnival for our kids) ugh.

YOU BE TOUGH AS YOU NEED TO BE - I'M EVEN LOANING YOU MY TOUGH!

HUGS
Star

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Yes I will praying.
Ask that psychiatrist- If he is not safe to be at the Residential Treatment Center (RTC), well, how can he be safe to come home? With just YOU watching and taking care of him?
If all of these licensed people can not do it, how the heck can one little Mom?
Ask him, If this were your SON what would you be doing right now?
I ask all of my psychiatrist's this... some answer some don't.

Or you can go the tough guy route, say fine, just let him out in your town and left to roam the streets. This will be on your hands then.
If you are unwilling to help me with a plan, which is what I thought we were doing.
Then just let him go... but it will be on psychiatrist's head when something goes wrong.
Tell him that.
I just thought of something else... I will PM you

Jena

Hi

I know today will be very difficult for you, you will be in my thoughts today. I will say a prayer that somehow, someway this gets resolved in a way in which is best for him.

Check in with us later and let us know what happened.

((((((hugs))))))

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
We set a big ol' 12 inch corner post in concrete just last summer, and I am leaning against it, so you just lean away, honey. Its gonna take the likes of Katrina to make this thing wiggle.

In the meantime, I'm rattling beads and saying prayers, and crossing parts I didn't know I had that the outcome will be positive and we won't be leaning here long.

BIG HUGS.

Ropefree

Banned
I hope that it works out too. Our youth deserve help. We need to be intergrating the people who are alive around us. And I think the nuro-medical and pyscologists need to step into the field and really gather the facts and devise the therapy that work. Talk is cheap. And we have more than enough examples of bs walking around.
Until more news...the sucess of your efforts are important to me.

KTMom91

Sending hugs, prayers and lots of strength, dancing in the fog, rattling beads, and crossing various body parts for you and Matt.

TerryJ2

I am definitely sending strength your way. I am so sorry you're stuck at work while you get the news, one way or the other. We all have to wear masks at work, but this is going to be even harder. Sigh.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Hang in there, dear. Sending up prayers that all involved will do what's RIGHT and BEST for M (which does NOT include dumping him back on your doorstep).

(((((HUGS)))))

Steely

I posted the update on general, since there was already a thread there asking about M. Thanks so much for all of your prayers and strength being sent my way. I truly did feel them. You guys are my rock.