Today is the day

F

flutterbee

Today, Wynter has the diagnostic appointment at the new treatment place. Yes, we've already done the diagnostic stuff in the past, but this is something we have to do here and then they'll assign her a therapist.

Wish us luck that they get it right and she gets matched with a therapist that is helpful. After this appointment, it will probably take 1-2 months to get in with the therapist.

Wynter didn't get to sleep until almost 5am and we have to leave by 10:30am. I'm worried that the lack of sleep is really going to impact how this goes today. I'll update later.

TIA.

Rabbit

Your daughter sounds a lot like mine. I am starting with a new therapist for my daughter too. you r not alone! Sending Hugs. You will be in my thoughts.
Rabbit

maril

I wish you and your daughter a positive journey and hope all goes well for you and her today. We, too, will soon see a new therapist -- this time, it will be for family therapy -- and I am hoping for the best.

'Chelle

Hope the evaluation. goes well and you get matched with the right therapist. I've come to realize that we were very lucky with good therapist and psychiatrist we had, it makes all the difference in how much the difficult child wants to put into the therapy.

F

flutterbee

Well, apparently today was not the day. My car won't start. :whiteflag:

We were supposed to have this appointment on 9/15, but Ike came through and we had a lot of storm damage in the area and had to reschedule. It's been officially 3 months since I first had the intake appointment. I'm starting to think maybe something is trying to tell me this is not the place we're supposed to be?

Heather,

How frustrating, disappointing, etc.!!! Are there any cancellations available so you don't have to wait much longer for the evaluation?

If not, I would also probably be wondering if it is a sign to look somewhere else...

I'm sorry. Definitely NOT the way you wanted to start your day!!! I hope it isn't anything serious with your car...

Thinking of you, WFEN

F

flutterbee

I hope it's not something serious with the car either considering we've put $3300 into it in the last couple of months and it's not worth much more than that. Stupid difficult child car. :mad: It wouldn't even turn over. Completely dead. Probably a dead cell in the battery. Of course, it's in the garage, so we'll have to push it out - one car garage, not a lot of wiggle room - and I'll see if easy child can jump it then take it to the auto parts store where they'll check the battery and put a new one in if that's it.

You know, this place sounds wonderful, but it's an hour away. With my health and what will be weekly appointments, it's going to be really hard for me to make them. I was willing to do it because I felt this place was worth it. But, I'm taking it as a sign that it's not the right fit for whatever reason and am going to renew my search for treatment closer to home. I'm just not willing to do our County Mental Health. been there done that, got nowhere.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh crud. I am so sorry. I am sure Wynter got worked up also about the apt...
I hope the car is not a big deal...
What a lame day.