Today's Affirmations

M

ML

Just for today

I will get in a nice walk in our high 60s weather. I will get some cleaning done and spend some time in the kitchen cooking some healthy meals for the next few days.

I WILL make food choices that encourage optimal health and weight loss.

trinityroyal

ML, those sound like good and achievable goals.

I made an affirmation today: I WILL get out of bed when the alarm goes off, rather than when the babies start yowling for breakfast. Did it too!

I've missed doing this. Stating my goals publicly kept me accountable. I think we should start up this thread again. Anyone else in?

Trinity

aninom

I WILL listen, tonight and every night this week, to those visualized-meditation-relaxation tapes I got. They DO work on mood, even though I want to chuck them out the window everytime the lady goes "and now visualize your inner dolphin chakra etc etc"... Corny or not, you have to keep happy and sane by any means necessary. Including dolphin chakras, I guess.

M

ML

Good girl, Trin. You need that time just for yourself.

Animom you might as well give them a chance. Visualizations can be very powerful.

trinityroyal

Affirmations for Saturday:

I WILL go out for a walk while the sun is still up.

I WILL NOT unload my bad mood all over husband, no matter how tempting.

I WILL eat at least three healthy things today. I WILL cut out at least one unhealthy thing today.

I WILL behave myself and not blow my stack with difficult child when he comes over to visit the babies later, no matter how tempted I am or how much his behaviour may warrant it. (Perhaps I will go out for that walk while difficult child is here, so as to be sure that I don't)

Trinity

M

ML

Great plan to go for you to walk when difficult child comes over; kills two birds with one stone.

For Sunday I will exercise and eat healthy and get organized for the week ahead. It sure was nice having last week off.

trinityroyal

Affirmations for Saturday:

I WILL go out for a walk while the sun is still up.
Sort of. I went out to Walmart, so I suppose walking from the parking lot to the store counts as a walk in the sunlight.

I WILL NOT unload my bad mood all over husband, no matter how tempting.
Poor husband, not only did I unload all over him, but he listened patiently and let me rant, scream, cry, hop up and down, all without losing it back at me.

I WILL eat at least three healthy things today. I WILL cut out at least one unhealthy thing today.
One healthy thing: Fruit salad
Five unhealthy things: Tacos from the Taco Bell drive-thru

I WILL behave myself and not blow my stack with difficult child when he comes over to visit the babies later, no matter how tempted I am or how much his behaviour may warrant it. (Perhaps I will go out for that walk while difficult child is here, so as to be sure that I don't)
Didn't get out for the walk while difficult child was here, but didn't blow my stack either. Since I'd already unloaded it all over husband, it seemed redundant I guess...

Trinity

NOT a stellar day in the Trinityroyal house. I will try again tomorrow.

M

ML

That's the spirit Trin. Tomorrow is a new beginning and I KNOW you will do great. I'm glad husband listened patiently. You must have needed to get it out. Hugs xo

Fran

Former desparate mom
Every day I have a chance to do something good for me and for my family. If I am feeling well, it translates down to them.