Today's Meeting with Stupid State / County People

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
....or not - since most people did not show up.

It was me, State Supervisor and a brief moment with new Behavior Therapist. I didn't even need to get husband on speakerphone.

All that drama and worry over nothing!

As for New Behavior Therapist? Pffft!

She is still in college. difficult child will be her third client EVER (she just started working with the second one). No experience working with Personality Disorders....so just the kind of qualifications one would expect...

BUT - I am not even worried about it.

Why not? Simple Math.

New Behavior Therapist does not live in my town....nor the next town over. Nope. She lives more than an hour's drive from here - add traffic and it's about an hour and a half, at least. She has a child in daycare - that will need to be picked up before the daycare closes each day. She is supposed to work with difficult child after school for a minimum of two hours each weekday.

Let's see:

School gets out at 3:20.

By the time difficult child goes to her locker and all, BT will not start working with difficult child until 3:30.

Add two hours therapy: that's 5:30.

Drive home in rush-hour traffic: puts BT at daycare at 7:00.

So far - I seem to be the only person that has figured this out....as BT and Supervisor both seem confident that this afterschool thing will work just fine.

BT is supposed to start Monday.

I am not holding my breath. I fully expect an apologetic phone call in the next couple of days...

Gotta love the system!

:wellduh:

InsaneCdn

As far as the meeting goes... maybe it was all that board juju that made their end fizzle out?

And as far as the BT goes...
Ya, I get the "math". So it COULD go that way.

on the other hand. We knew a psychiatric-major univ student... who would have been awesome as a BT even as a student. Watched him working with kids in other settings - including high-needs kids. Saw right through all sorts of manipulations (I knew, because I was talking to the parent when these happened... SHE was amazed). So... just because they are young and inexperienced doesn't necessarily mean anything. Just like.. having tons of experience doesn't mean anything, either. Know what I mean??

You'll know exactly where she stands... in about 2 sessions!

klmno

Ok- quit stressing over these people. They must be modeling their system after the state I live in, which means it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, they are going to do something stupid either way and nothing they say matters because it could change on a whim.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Ok- quit stressing over these people. They must be modeling their system after the state I live in, which means it doesn't matter what you do or don't do, they are going to do something stupid either way and nothing they say matters because it could change on a whim.

I wouldn't say I am "stressing over these people" - but I definitely don't want to be cornered into something either....(gotta protect my OWN backside, ya know?)

But I agree - stupid either way, and subject to change at a moment's notice.

klmno

That's what I meant- not that you are falling apart over them but that they are a thorn you have to deal with, but I'm starting to view it differently in that now it looks more like a smudge on the window that won't go away instead of a window that keeps breaking. Maybe that's me de--sensitizing. LOL!