Today's the big day for our new league!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Our walk-in registration begins in about 90 min. Everyone is a bit on edge because we are close to 100 bodies shy of being able to pull this off -- we didn't get nearly the number of online or mail-in registrations we'd expected. So we're hoping that most people are coming in person today.

The other thing that's got me a little tense is that the store where we're hosting the event opens right at 10am when we said we'd be starting, but they refuse to let us in the store even 15 minutes early to get our things set up. :grrr: If there's one thing I can't stand, it's being made to look unprepared, disorganized, and unprofessional, and in my mind, this is how we're going to look this morning as we scramble to set up while our registrants are filing in the door. Not much we can do at this point except make a note for the person who's in charge of setting up this event to research this better NEXT time, if there is a next time.

Please rattle beads that we get the numbers we need! This has been a lot of work for our little group, it would be supremely disappointing if we end up having to issue refunds to people...

T

TeDo

I guess I'm lost here.....what kind of league?

Anyway, I'll be thinking about you and pray that your efforts pay off.

tiredmommy

Good luck! Boys lacrosse is hugely popular here so I imagine you'll get the walk-ins you need. Plus, a lot of parents have questions and would prefer to register in person, I suppose.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Well, the store we held it at was disappointingly understocked with equipment and gave us very cramped quarters to work in. Plus they weren't honoring the coupons they'd given us to hand out and making the whole equipment ordering/purchasing process very restrictive and difficult.

Despite not being let in until the store actually opened at 10am, we managed to get everything set up in 15 minutes and the people who were waiting to register were very patient with us. The process we set up went smoothly (only had a couple of people miss turning in a form).

Unfortunately we did NOT get the numbers we need :( Our goal was about 150 kids, and we aren't even to the half-way point yet! So we've decided to extend registration, the director is reworking his numbers for how the teams and games will be arranged, we're sending out an email blast to the people who ARE signed up asking them to help us recruit a few more, and then we'll see where were it goes.

The day was very long and exhausting (we were there from 10am to 4:30pm with no breaks because of the bare-bones staff we have). Three of us walked across the parking lot over to TGI Friday's for dinner and drinks afterwards (Happy Hour all day every Sunday with 1/2 price appetizers and drinks!) The director had left for home but called me TWICE while we were there -- I think he was overwhelmed and panicking a bit because of how low our numbers are. He ended up asking if we could meet this morning for coffee to just go over everything (he tends to use us as sounding boards A LOT, lol). Today I'm tired and really don't want to think about lacrosse anymore!

Six more days until my NOLA trip! That's all I really care about right now...

DDD

Here's a toast to NOLA! You won't think about team sports at all. LOL! You "may" not think at all.
That's the way it goes in New Orleans...and like Vegas...what happens in NOLA stays in NOLA. Gee I'm turning green with envy. DDD

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I'm hoping to not think much at all that week!

Just checked the extended forecast, and unfortunately it's looking like rain for Mardi Gras night and the next two days after that. Ah well, it stays dry inside the bars -- sort of! :rofl: