Toilet lid (down or up)?

AppleCori

Something that poo poos me off in the bathroom is the amount of towels teenage/adult daughters need for a shower,twice a day, 3per wash.ahhhhhhhh

You should see my 22yo step-son.

He showers at least twice per day. When he first moved in with us, I would gather the towels and wash them each week. Then I realized that I was washing at least two large loads per week, instead of the one medium load I had been washing previously.

I finally just gave him his own bathroom and I stopped doing any cleaning at all in it. It’s really disgusting. My hubby went in there last night for some reason, and was horrified. He told him to clean it, but, as of this moment, he hasn’t touched it.

Dory

Ahh sounds sooooo sweet to hear the same.
I gave up on my girls bathroom, I tried it all,chucked everything on the back lawn,in their beds. I really don't know how they can be such grottos. How hard is it to lift the lid on a bin! Finish one bottle of shampoo before starting another.

This is nothing What they do to the kitchen.

Pickle my grandma,what on earth did we do wrong????

Something that sticks with me is the comment/saying,

Wait till you buy a lounge,ha I'm gonna come jump all over it just like it was a trampoline.ha ha ha.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Why would you need all those towels to dry off after a shower? I use ONE bath towel and I have long hair.

You strip as much water out of your hair as possible before stepping out of the shower, towel dry your hair, and then dry your body.

Put on a terry robe to finish drying.

I've done that since I was a kid living at home. I HATE bath sheets as they are too large to maneuver properly when drying oneself.

AppleCori

I gave up on my girls bathroom, I tried it all,chucked everything on the back lawn,in their beds. I really don't know how they can be such grottos. How hard is it to lift the lid on a bin! Finish one bottle of shampoo before starting another.

This is nothing What they do to the kitchen.

Well, it worked.

He came home from work yesterday and started cleaning. Not only his bathroom, but his bedroom, too. Washed a load of his towels (of course, they are sitting in the washer as we speak, but I will have dad remind him tonight).

Hubby finally decided to take my advice—invite him to follow the rules or live elsewhere. No threats, no yelling, no begging. Just a statement. He knows the only other option is to go back to his mom’s house, where his brother is now living. And he can’t stand his brother.

Step-son will clean up/pick up after himself in the common areas fairly well. This has come after many reminders by me to put your dishes in the dishwasher, hang up your coat, don’t leave your books on the kitchen counter, etc....He probably doesn’t like me telling him what to do, but he doesn’t dare complain or refuse, as he knows any disrespect to me will be a fast ticket out the door (by his dad). It has taken quite a while to get to this point, but I hate being the one to constantly tell him to do stuff. I don’t feel it is my job.

I decided to let go of the messy bedroom/bathroom and just concentrate on the areas that affect me.

All of this should have been explained before he moved in, but I was spending an extended period of time with my adult daughter who was seriously ill, so neither of us were thinking about it the right way.

AppleCori

Why would you need all those towels to dry off after a shower? I use ONE bath towel and I have long hair.

You strip as much water out of your hair as possible before stepping out of the shower, towel dry your hair, and then dry your body.

Put on a terry robe to finish drying.

I've done that since I was a kid living at home. I HATE bath sheets as they are too large to maneuver properly when drying oneself.

Step-son wasn’t raised by me, so im not what’s going on with the towel situation. Maybe he uses a different one every day?

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Step-son wasn’t raised by me, so im not what’s going on with the towel situation. Maybe he uses a different one every day?

The "you" was rhetorical. I think the OP meant 3 towels per shower. I use one per. So if I shower 3x per week, that's 3 shower towels per week.

(If I showered daily, my skin would peel off in strips).

Dory

Hi guys,
Apple I love how you are so strong,I'm sure you have your weaknesses like us all here.
I don't explain myself well,and hope you all ask if you don't.
Towel thing was an example of what pisses me of.

So for today......
Why can't any of those things living in my house,push their chair in. Ahhhhhhh

Dory

Hey guys,
Maybe there should be a new thread,anyway
I've been away for 10 absolutely glorious days fishing in Darwin for barramundi,had so much fun.
On return home, two kids have moved out.
Awesome dudes
What the am I going to do with stuff left behind?

When is the cleaner coming to clean up your ?

Triedntrue

Toilet paper over def. But others houses they get to choose lol.

Toilet seat down except my husband doesnt and i have given up.

I agree weird conversations lol

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I think I used to keep the toilet cleaner when my kids were little, because I was always rinsing out their diapers in it.

I have intestinal issues: sort of IBD-WTH, as it can go either way. I clean the toilet frequently, though not as frequently as I did before I got Thomas a cat fountain.

The old guy used to drink out of the toilet, which meant it got cleaned every time I used it, and thoroughly rinsed.

Now he drinks out of his fountain.

Pink Elephant

I have intestinal issues: sort of IBD-WTH, as it can go either way. I clean the toilet frequently, though not as frequently as I did before I got Thomas a cat fountain.

The old guy used to drink out of the toilet, which meant it got cleaned every time I used it, and thoroughly rinsed.

Now he drinks out of his fountain.
That would be a must do in our house, too, if we had an animal that drank form the toilet.

I remember the condition of the rim when my sons were younger, always sprinkling, splashing, and over-shooting. I was in there multiple times each day with a cleaning cloth and cleaner. Was much easier when they were in diapers! LOL!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
One nice thing about cultural differences. At home, or in situations where "manhood" wasn't important, husband sat down to urinate. Greatly minimized the splashing and seat position hassles.

Now, at an Army latrine, surrounded by soldiers, he of course, stood up like everyone else.

I wasn't surprised by him sitting as my father did as well.

I can remember after one poker night at our house, husband walking into the downstairs bathroom ahead of me, throwing his arm out to bar me from entering, and telling me to go upstairs.

I went, and when I came back downstairs, he was cleaning around the toilet and cursing under his breath.

I asked what was wrong and he said, "I have a lot less practice standing to pee, and I can hit the #*!@ toilet!"

Pink Elephant

One nice thing about cultural differences. At home, or in situations where "manhood" wasn't important, husband sat down to urinate. Greatly minimized the splashing and seat position hassles.

Now, at an Army latrine, surrounded by soldiers, he of course, stood up like everyone else.

I wasn't surprised by him sitting as my father did as well.

I can remember after one poker night at our house, husband walking into the downstairs bathroom ahead of me, throwing his arm out to bar me from entering, and telling me to go upstairs.

I went, and when I came back downstairs, he was cleaning around the toilet and cursing under his breath.

I asked what was wrong and he said, "I have a lot less practice standing to pee, and I can hit the #*!@ toilet!"
Shame on grown men missing the bowl. Occasionally while out of the home, both husband and I, will use a public facility, and husband has mentioned on a few occasions how shameful he thought it was seeing the condition of the toilets.

When my kids boys were training, I'd pull down their diapers and sit them down on the potty, regardless of what they had to do. I had enough on my plate between wiping bottoms and washing diapers, I didn't need to add washing around the toilet to the list. LOL!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Actually, my husband had a bladder infection once and the urologist asked him if he sat or stood. My husband said he sat by preference.

doctor told him its healthier for men to sit, though squatting is best. Apparently, the bladder doesn't empty completely when standing, making infection more likely.

Standing is handy when out hiking, etc., and I used to have a sort of funnel device I got in Germany, that enabled a woman to pee standing up. I used it once out camping with friends in the States. Casually unzipped my fly, applied device, which I had palmed, and aimed at a tree. My friends nearly fell over, and my husband died laughing.

Pink Elephant

Actually, my husband had a bladder infection once and the urologist asked him if he sat or stood. My husband said he sat by preference.

doctor told him its healthier for men to sit, though squatting is best. Apparently, the bladder doesn't empty completely when standing, making infection more likely.

Standing is handy when out hiking, etc., and I used to have a sort of funnel device I got in Germany, that enabled a woman to pee standing up. I used it once out camping with friends in the States. Casually unzipped my fly, applied device, which I had palmed, and aimed at a tree. My friends nearly fell over, and my husband died laughing.
ROFLAO! Oh my goodness, I can see it now! :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
ROFLAO! Oh my goodness, I can see it now! :)
My husband and I belonged to a 'Volksmarching' club in Germany, where they are much more casual about a lot of things. I had stepped off the trail to "cop a squat", and one my fellow hikers saw how much difficulty I had getting my left knee to work so I could get out of a squat. She called me off to one side and showed me "the device" she used. I was intrigued and she gave me the name of the "outdoor sports store" she had gotten hers at. I went at next opportunity and picked up a couple of them.

Shortly after I returned to the States, I saw them at one of the big US outdoor stores, but I think it was Gander Mountain, which has gone out of business. They were also nowhere as nice, or as thoughtfully designed as the ones I had.