Toilet lid (down or up)?

Pink Elephant

My husband and I belonged to a 'Volksmarching' club in Germany, where they are much more casual about a lot of things. I had stepped off the trail to "cop a squat", and one my fellow hikers saw how much difficulty I had getting my left knee to work so I could get out of a squat. She called me off to one side and showed me "the device" she used. I was intrigued and she gave me the name of the "outdoor sports store" she had gotten hers at. I went at next opportunity and picked up a couple of them.

Shortly after I returned to the States, I saw them at one of the big US outdoor stores, but I think it was Gander Mountain, which has gone out of business. They were also nowhere as nice, or as thoughtfully designed as the ones I had.
Goodness me, I don't think I could bring myself to try/use such a thing! :)

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Goodness me, I don't think I could bring myself to try/use such a thing! :)
Goodness me, I don't think I could bring myself to try/use such a thing!

Why not? It's just a shallow soft plastic, oblong funnel that you press up against where you thing you'd press it up against. It has a tube coming out of the front to carry away the urine. When your done, you shake it off, and put in its moisture and odor proof pouch.

Pink Elephant

Why not? It's just a shallow soft plastic, oblong funnel that you press up against where you thing you'd press it up against. It has a tube coming out of the front to carry away the urine. When your done, you shake it off, and put in its moisture and odor proof pouch.
My guess is being that I am so old-school and old-fashioned. Sounds basic enough though.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Bill has no problem hitting the toilet. However for some reason he splashes. So the walls around the toilet are gross.

I have asked him to wipe up as he sees... He doesn't see.

Pink Elephant

Bill has no problem hitting the toilet. However for some reason he splashes. So the walls around the toilet are gross.

husband is finally on the same page as me... I told him, flush while you go. Less splashing.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady

Well, the splashing is simple physics. The not wiping up is simple jerkery. Men who stand at the toilet, splash.

Suggest he either clean up after himself or sit his butt down.

The problem is worse if you've got a tall man, a low commode, or a combination of both.