Tomorrow I will break the law

everywoman

Yep. I forgot to renew my license. I remembered tonight. I tried to go online to renew, but the stupid site said I am not eligible. The rules:
1. Must be under 65 ---yes
2. Must have had no more than 2 points----never had any points taken, one ticket in 31 years of driving!!!
3. Must be a US citizen-----yep
4. Your license must not be expired for more than 9 months---well, it's good til midnight!!!

So, in the morning, my expired license and I will get in my little car and drive the .5 miles to the DMV, stand in line----it's the end of the month and the end of the year, so the lines will be looooooong, and renew ourselves in person.....

If I get pulled on the way there, I can always hock(sp) the ring to get out of jail!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
If it makes you feel any better, mine expired in Oct.

I didn't realize it until mid-November, then I went to renew. My birth certificate is the original one my folks got when I entered this glorious world - 36 years of being stuffed here there and everywhere makes it....well....kinda rough and the DMV won't take it.

SO.....I had to write to another state to get a new copy, which takes - you guessed it - 4 to 6 weeks! Woohoo!

There's a 6 month grace period to get it renewed without retaking the exams, but they could still ticket me for not having a valid license, and Walmart won't take any returns on an expired id... (like they really ought to care).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Ooooh, I hope they don't CATCH YOU! You CRIMINAL, you! Honestly. The nerve of some people...

Better take a good book with you!

F

flutterbee

In Ohio, you only get six months after it expires. And your tags expire on your birthday - NOT at the end of the month - and the fine for an expired tag is $110.

Not that I know that for any specific reason or anything.

Rotsne

Banned
Well, I am lucky that I dont have to renew it before I am 67.

But I doubt that my children would be able to take it at all. They have to learn CPR, race on a race-track and pass both a written test and a test in a car.

Then when they get it, they have to not use the car for three year job-related because they have fewer points to loose before it gets suspended. 1/3 of the total numbers of drivers are fined for speeding violations every year when they are on duty because they are proud of serving and they are treated like heros in the firms when they can show a fine. It would simply be a too hard a pressure to ask a new driver to serve. I would never hire a new driver for a job because it would be unfair for him or her.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Geez. I haven't looked at my license in years. Guess I should.:anxious:

I know that in WI you have 10 days to register your car and ID. Whoops...my bad. I'm a good 4 months in. That makes me a super criminal.

Abbey

BusynMember

My license expired once and I was clueless about it until I got stopped for speeding once (yikes!). I was lucky the cop was nice. He believed I'd forgotten and gave me a warning and not even a ticket for speeding, but I felt really dumb!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Abbey. Go down to DMV and transfer your license. It's like a 200 dollar fine and WI doesn't throw them out in court if you provide proof of registration at the court date.

I'm going to be illegal for 48 hours. My registration expires today and I can't get out today to renew it before the local cust svc place closes early for the holidays.

They are closed tomorrow, so I have to wait until 12/2. This is my "tags" not my DL, so hopefully I'll be okay until then.

everywoman

Well, I made it there and got my license so now I am legally able to drive again. All the ladies at the DMV got a laugh over my trying to renew last night online. Of course a few are former students---nothing like have grown women working for the gov't to make you feel really old. They also laughed about my forgetting yesterday because I was looking for insurance to cover the large rock on my left hand.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I did manage to make it down to DMV to renew my tags. I made a rather disgusting discovery.

Effective in '08, WI went to running renewal dates based on issuance date as opposed to based on end of month of issue.

I THOUGHT my tags were good through today. Nope. They actually expired on the 14th of this month.

Good thing I didn't get pulled over. I just had to pay a stinking 10 dollar late fee on top of the usual 75 dollars.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Not that I know that for any specific reason or anything.

Sure Heather, we believe you. ;)

EW glad you didn't get a ticket. I'm always forgetting. And I'm always late. Actually discovered that once when I got pulled over. No ticket, but cop said he wanted to see me headed toward the DMV. Small town, no way could I fake it. lol That was a bit embarrassing. lol (darn expired tags gave me away)

Star*

call 911........call 911
She's a lawbreaker
Deal maker
Love taker don't cha mess around with her.......

And now? She's legal! Way To Go !