Tonight's 20/20

H

HaoZi

difficult children galore - to give parents of PCs a glimpse into our lives.

H

HaoZi

Very. I have to wonder how many hospitals she called before finally finding one with a bed.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
It's not on yet in my time zone. I'm wondering if this is an update or a repeat, because I saw an episode with this family about a year ago. It is very sad but it's something that needs to be shown -- the general public typically has NO CLUE what life with severe mental illness is like for a family.

lovemysons

I watched the show too...Yes, very sad.

While having Bipolar Disorder myself and a young difficult child who also suffers from mood disorder...can honestly say though that my behavior as a child and even that of my sons NEVER was that extreme. Yes, rages and extreme reactions but no psychotic features as a child. It was only in a full blown manic episode for myself 4 1/2 yrs ago that I experienced psychosis.
These children and their families were REALLY suffering in ways I have not known.

I do find it interesting that those with Pyschotic features (myself included) are dealing with dark, nightmarishes voices and images...mine involved good and evil and "competing for my soul". I can relate to the intense fear and anguish in that state of mind...and wanting to end one's life. It was frightening beyond belief when I experienced it.

LMS

keista

That link was just 'preview' clips. On the top bar there is a button for 20/20 where you can go find the full episodes, but that one isn't posted yet. They usually post it a week after airing.