Tonight's (Monday) Intervention

flutterby

Fly away!
I record this show every week. I'm watching tonight's episode and I think it's a good one for those that are struggling with kids or loved ones who suffer from addiction.

The addict is a 20 year old girl. She moved in with her aunt and uncle when she was 9. Prior to that she had lived with her mother and grandfather. Mom was a crystal meth addict and gambler. Mom has been clean from meth for 7 years, but still gambles.

Anyway, it really highlights, among other things, the way the aunt enables and has to save her niece (whom she considers as her daughter) and the mom knows that her daughter has to figure it out on her own. If that makes any sense. I'm having some serious brain fog last few days.

I mean, we watch the show and can see what is being done that is "wrong" or enabling, but to watch it from this perspective with 2 women being the mom and both of them looking at it from different angles....it gives a really good perspective on what is going on inside families....where mom is one way and dad is the other, etc. I think, for me anyway, that seeing it from 2 women shows it more because we expect men and women to behave certain ways, so it's not as....ummmm....noticeable (not the word I want but only one I can find - serious brain fog).

Anyway, I think it's a really good episode to learn about detaching. I haven't gotten all the way through it yet.

flutterby

Fly away!
OMG. I felt so stupid typing that post. I can't get my thoughts out the way I want them. If anyone can explain it better, please feel free to.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Naw Heather, you did ok. I know what you meant.

I can't watch that show or others like it.........just irritates the devil out of me. I usually end up wanting to slap the snot out of someone. lol