Too much fun

crazymama30

So I have been taking abnormal psychology at school this term. It is a much more introductory class than I had hoped for. The instructor is good, but I get so bored as I have done to much reading and research due to difficult child and husband. During lecture I doodle, but I really do pay attention, and do comment and ask questions. I have an A in the class.

Many times I doodle more when the topic comes close to what I deal with at home, as so many of the other students are so clueless. I have to doodle or make comments that would make it all too clear what I deal with at home. Especially what I know about medications(thanks much to those on this board). I am pretty sure the instructor knows that I know something for some type of personal reasons. We have had a couple of in class participation point assignments such as list a time when you were depressed and what did you learn from it? I put difficult child's diagnosis, and I learned that not everything is my fault. I did not know we were turning this in, and that ticked me off. I did not want to reveal too much and did. Big time.

We had a test tonight. The short answer question was to list the 5 axis's. The 5th is always a Global assesment of function or gaf. I wrote a page on the gaf, why it was important, how it was compiled, and what scores would typically send someone to outpatient and inpatient treatment.

When I turned it in, she turned to the last page. I think I kind of mystify her. She looked up at me and her eyes were popping out of her head. I laughed and walked out of class, and went outside and just completely lost it. I laughed so hard it was great. I am still trying not to laugh.

I will remember the look on her face as long as I live. Pure shock. She told us we can get an extra 2.5pts, I just wanted those pts. lol.

What is even more interesting, is that difficult child's therapist used to work with her at our local mental health dept. When I told her I was taking this class therapist asked me who was teaching it as she knows many of the instructors. She knew her.

DammitJanet

Oh I loved taking abnormal psychiatric! For me it was kinda like taking "Lets talk about me!" I took that class at the community college up here and I know the professors kinda just scratched their heads.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe she felt a little freaked out that one of her students could probably TEACH the class! :rofl:

Good for you, though. No need to hide what you know!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I didn't mind abnormal psychiatric.......although like you, I found I was often bored. I did participate as we had a fun teacher and he really thought up some cool excercises. He even hypnotized part of the class. That was a hoot.

I have to be careful in these types of classes. Not because I try to keep info about my difficult children under wraps. But because other students get mighty irritated when you're pulling an A and it seems like you're not having to do the work.

Sorry people. This is my Life. I don't need a book for most of it. lol

For our finals we had to do a case study of another person. (as if we were tdocs) and another on ourselves. I did my friend and had her pegged right down the line. Was honest about myself as well. Teacher was so impressed he kept trying to talk me into being a therapist. Told him no thanks. lol

I doodle in microbiology. It's the only way I can stay awake. I've yet to study for a single test and I've aced them all. I thought it was gonna be so hard. Ha! They're covering just the basics, and heck I had it in biology, anatomy, and way back in nursing school. The stuff has been so drummed into my brain it's not funny. I've stopped answering questions cuz I get evil looks. sigh

gcvmom

Here we go again!
...other students get mighty irritated when you're pulling an A and it seems like you're not having to do the work.

You're right, it IS your life. And you've already logged countless hours of study for it, long before they even thought of signing up for that class!