Too much grief

JJJ

In the last week,

*a girl that Piglet competes against killed herself
*husband's uncle went into hospice (cancer)
*friend went into hospice (cancer)
*a classmate of Kanga's died (cancer)
*a friend's child died in an accident this summer, he would have been 10 this week
*another friend's sister died 3 years ago this week

I expect two calls this weekend that the two in hospice have died. While I am grateful that it wasn't my child or my sister; it is too much death, just too much...I'm just at the end of my strength for this.

svengandhi

Deaths of children are SO hard to comprehend. We, too, have had many losses in the past week. A beloved aunt of H's, the fathers of 3 friends, but all were older people who had lived good lives.

I am sorry for your losses.

JJJ

My friend died about 2 hours ago. He leaves behind his wife and two high school daughters. His wife and he were high school sweethearts -- together 20-some years. I got over there this morning, I'm so glad I made the time.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am so sorry! That is an enormous amount of grief all at once. Grief hits everyone differently. If it is hard to deal with, there are often free grief therapy groups at funeral homes, hospices and hospitals. You don't have to say who you lost until you are ready, and it does NOT have to be a recent loss or someone who was cared about at that place.

It is such an incredible amount of grief for your entire family. I am very very sorry. Please do not hesitate to seek help, either through a group or individually, if it begins to cause problems in how you cope with your life. Or how any other family member copes.

((((((((((gentle hugs))))))))))

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Death can be hard to handle when it is a single event, but when it is several grouped together it can become overwhelming. I'm so sorry for your losses........and those you expect to come soon. Make sure to take some time for yourself during all of this.

(((hugs)))

trinityroyal

JJJ, I am so very sorry that you are having to face all this at the same time. The loss of your friend must be such a terrible blow, but I am so glad that you were able to make the time to visit with him before he passed. Please do look after yourself. I'm keeping you in my thoughts and sending gentle hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
JJJ, all I can offer is a shoulder to cry on....know that grief is one of those deepest emotions. Your heart feels as though it will break & you wish it would. I expect right now you're feeling numb.

With time & your allowance to grieve, cry, scream the pain will lessen. The loneliness & loss takes more time to heal. Take care of you right now.

JJJ

NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My sister just called. My uncle died. He just died in his sleep. OMG OMG OMG He was fine. He was fine. He had gone shopping with my aunt for lamp, watched a movie, went to bed and was alive at 1:30am when my aunt went to bed. She woke up at 6:30am and he was gone. He had just had surgery for prostate cancer and gotten the report that they got it all. He was so young, just 61.