Too much weirdness

witzend

I'm glad that husband stepped up and let difficult child (and yourselves) know who is responsible for difficult child's actions. I hope that it will work out.

Good for you for getting to the narc-anon meeting next week. Remember, it won't happen in one meeting, it's a new lifestyle.

janebrain

I think you are doing fine. Your husband has to be able to give difficult child the one last chance after chewing him out. You can't stand firm on kicking him out if you still have a hope that he will follow the rules and so far it sounds like he is. I wouldn't say you are enabling him unless he screws up and you keep giving him "one more chance". I think just about all of us have done that too til finally the lightbulb goes off and you are "there" with the last chances.

Here's hoping things will continue to go better and I am so glad husband is reaching the end of his rope--sounds like he had a lightbulb moment!

Jane

Irishkalleene

riding the roller coaster
Been there done that, very similar experiences but with less violence. But I guess a couple things I've learned....................
1. they are fabulous actors and master manipulators
2. be aware, as i'm sure you are, the other shoe may fall (they only do what they have to to get by for now)
I've been doing this dance too long
End of month is Sonnyboy's (23yr) Emancipation date!!

Keep us posted! Hugs

katya02

Solace
Hi, thanks for sharing your experience. I feel like it's a roller coaster too, has been for many years. Probably the most frustrating thing is knowing that difficult child lies about everything. Not just big stuff that he has to cover up, but even little stuff that doesn't matter at all. So I can't believe a thing he ever says when he tells stories about his experiences, or what happened at work - it's usually a bit hard to believe and you just know it's been twisted or exaggerated. And why? He lies as naturally as he breathes.

He's into Week 2 of his new job; he has to get up at 5:00 am every day. At least it's putting a serious dent in his late-night videogame marathons and eating binges. The medications he's on are giving him a ridiculous appetite and he's gained so much weight ... I feel bad for him but don't want to even go near the topic when there are much higher priorities.

There hasn't been any more weird or violent stuff but the other shoe is just hanging there waiting to drop - as always.