Toothache

fedup

Ineed the collective knowledge of everyone here. What is the remedy you use for toothaceh? I'm looking for something different. I've done the anti-inflammatory/painkiller. I don't have access to oragel or numzit right now. What are the home remedies or other things you have tried?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
No remedy, just a warning.....

DO NOT crush up an aspirin and place it on your tooth. While it will help the pain, it eats away the tooth enamel of that tooth and surrounding teeth.

(((hugs))) Nothing worse in the world to me than a toothache. I have 3 I'm waiting to have pulled when husband gets insurance. :thumbsdown:

Sunlight

go to a dentist. a tooth does not heal itself. it is most likely an abcess, treatable by antibiotics and a root canal. esp if it throbbing or getting you up at night.
janet...the dental office practice administrator

witzend

Bourbon, straight up, pooled around the tooth.

OUCH! I don't know that I have had anything more painful than my abscessed tooth. Maybe when I got my blood clot on my lung, but it's hard to tell.

DDD

Way, way, way "back in the day" my parents used oil of clove
that was bought at the drug store to tide us over until we could
go to the dentist. I'm sory you have that problem. I would rather give birth to triplets than have one toothache! DDD

fedup

I went to the dentist. It looks like it may be an infected gum which has a pocket between two teeth. Have medications. Will go back for a cleaning in two weeks. There is a possibility that one tooth is a bit loose, also. I found it does feel better when I am sitting or standing; thus, I am up in the middle of the night.

So, I get to be up to see the new babies in the kitten family within hours of birth!

K

Kjs

When you have a gum infection, the tooth is sometimes loose. It will get stronger as the gum heals.
Have you tried Ambesol? (sp?)

Awwww...new babies. How special to witness.

Hope you feel better.