Top one or two choices...best of in books

N

Nomad

If you don't mind, can you list your TOP/best/favorite selections in books...top one or two for fiction and non fiction!!! Lately, my reading time is limited and I find that when people list their favorite books...I get some really out of this world choices. Thanks!

For me...

Non fiction: The Power of Your Subconscious Mind and Mans Search for Meaning

Fiction: Secret Life of Bees

Thank you....

Mom2oddson

I have favorite fiction authors that I always read.

Fiction - Mystery - any of the clarks, Mary Higgins Clark, Carol Higgins Clark, and Mary Jane Clark.

Fiction - Romance - Julie Kenner and Lynn Kurland

Non-Fiction - The Way They Learn by Cynthia Ulrich Tobias. Really helped me understand my OWN learning style and how each of my children were different, why what worked for one didn't work for the other.

Non-Fiction - Things That Go Bump in the Night: How to Help Children Resolve Their Natural Fears by Paul Warren & Frank Minirth. Fantastic book for understanding innate fears in all individuals.

muttmeister

I read a lot of mysteries and if you're not into Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum books I'd definitely recommend them. They are laugh-out-loud funny; sometimes I have to stop reading just to catch my breath. Also, lately our book club read The Help - it was excellent (by Kathryn Stockett). And we all agreed that the best book we've read in our group is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows.