Tornado Warning -- Pray for us!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
For the first time in my life living here in SoCal we have a tornado that is actually moving off the ocean and onto land during this nasty weather system that's moving through here today.

It's projected to come through my area in next 1/2 hour... It's probbaly nothing like you get in the midwest, but unnerving nonetheless. difficult child 1 is freaking out at school and texting me. I just told him not to worry that his teachers will keep him safe (he's in a brand new school facility).

The thunder and lightning are starting now.

Gonna sign off so my computer doesn't get fried and will check in when this passes! :anxious:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
You got it. Been through edges of a tornado that went thru a nearby town's Wal Mart and a church. Hoovered!!!!!! Let us know when all is back to normal.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
We are fine and thank you! Yard is flooded, had hail and lots of thunder & lightning. The wind never got too horrible at my place, but down at the beach a Ford Expedition got flipped and badly damaged. No one inside thankfully!

My mom's by the beach and she said they got some really strong winds as the system passed by her town.

Sometimes I think we are a little alarmist here in CA and are wound up by these weather and news people who act like entertainers than reporters. But I guess when it's the Nat'l Weather Service telling you to be careful it's best to pay attention. :p