Total meltdown

JJJ

I really, really hate being a mom. This is by far the biggest regret of my life. I would never, ever recommend it to anyone. I was so disappointed that the Mayans were wrong.

DDD

Yikes! Sending big hugs your way. Many of us have felt that way or feel that way some of the time. The holiday season seems to make it worse. Don't feel guilty about your feelings today. You were dealt a tough hand when the deck was dealt. Let's hope 2013 is a little bit easier. DDD

greenrene

I hear you, at least as far as parenting a difficult child... My sons are my lifelines, my sanity savers. difficult child is being a total ***** from hell.

JJJ

Doing a bit better. I don't know why I have to completely fall apart before they get it.

It doesn't help that I have hated Christmas since I was a child. I thought I was getting better at that... :(

ksm

Doing a bit better. I don't know why I have to completely fall apart before they get it. It doesn't help that I have hated Christmas since I was a child. I thought I was getting better at that... :(

Christmas is just so hard to live up to... all those expectations we see of happy families giving gifts, saying grace around the table, and just enjoying being together. It is hard to see what the "rest of the world" supposedly have and compare it to our reality.

Hang in there. You are not alone. KSM

buddy

I have always loved Christmas, and for the last few years....not as much. last year I didn't even put up a tree until two days before Christmas and here I am with a kid who still believes in Santa.

Parenting a difficult child who has no real interest in sharing the spirit, well, lets say it can get OLD.

Glad its a little better. I too have found that my biggest genuine meltdowns have had some measure of impact. Not forever but at least I get a short break.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Glad you're feeling a little better JJJ, I do get how you were feeling though, I've felt that way too. And, it feels really bad............throw a hated holiday in there and boy there's a recipe for feeling horrible............Lots of hugs and my sincere wishes that you have a good day today, a better one tomorrow and a GREAT day on Tuesday!!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I'm with Buddy, I've always loved Christmas... And the last few years, even decorating the tree - one of my favorite pastimes - has been more of a chore than anything else. Then add in Onyxx's horrid behavior, Jett being determined to be the center of attention and not being very interested in anything he gets unless it is a video game and he can go play it right now...

JJJ

At least I am getting some things accomplished. I really need a second (and third!) oven this time of year. Everything set for tomorrow's dinner for 12 that can be done in advance. Two pumpkin pies done, cheescake in the oven, , a few more desserts to do today. I have to do a bit more prep for Christmas day (breakfast for 17, dinner for 19).

Not surprisingly, I feel much better after my meltdown and crying jag.

jal

Offering hugs too, JJJ. Our difficult child daily is pretty easy, compared to life with him when he was younger. Since school let out on Friday he's been a complete nightmare. Last night I said to husband, we should have never had a child...difficult child admitted today it's because of the excitement of xmas. I understand, but my gosh, if he would just stop bouncing around the whole house, stop crying at the drop of the hat when he doesn't get his way...it would be so much easier. The stuff I mention is CONSTANT these few days...Normally, its very minor. And he knows about santa...AHHH.

InsaneCdn

Dinner for 12 with only a single oven?
What are you, a miracle worker?

Even my grandma had two.
I have... technically, three. And even without "dinner for 12" I often need at least two just for supper.

And I'd be having meltdowns even with that equipment... if I was having "dinner for 12".

All you need for a new-years present is... a double-oven stove, OR a counter-top convection oven.