Total meltdown

B

Bunny

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a little better. I do know exactly how you were feeling. I'm feeling that exact way right now, to be honest. I would give difficult child back in a heartbeat. I would never give up easy child. Never. Sometimes I think he's the only good thing that has come out of my being married.

H

HaoZi

OMW dinner for 12? That alone would make me have meltdowns! Heck I'm a nervous wreck about going to lunch with my boyfriend's family for Christmas and we're going out to eat for that.

JJJ

I'm doing well. We split Christmas into 4 parts. Part 1 is just husband, the 3 kids and I and that went great. husband usually does not do well when it comes to the gift-giving but he did great this year -- I have new diamond earrings!!! Except for my engagement ring, they are the only diamonds I have! Part 2 is my inlaws and they always give cash so that is easy ;) mother in law & father in law were very stressed when they arrived but by the end, they had relaxed and it seemed like they had a good time. For the first time ever, they are actually coming over tomorrow as well!

"Santa" has been here already and everything is under the tree for morning. I just have one gift for Eeyore that I have to finish up (waiting for him to go to sleep) and then I can go to sleep too!

Sheila

I've been there. Christmas just added stress to an already stressed life.

I'd be stressed to preparing meals for so many. ACK!

Glad it's turning out better than anticipated.

JJJ

I have added a "Total Mommy Meltdown" to the calendar for Dec 23, 2013.

This was our best Christmas since 1999 (our first Christmas as parents with one little infant).

recoveringenabler

Staff member
Glad to hear you had a really good Christmas. I like the idea of a 'Mommy meltdown day' planned ahead. Perhaps take yourself to a spa on that day, for the whole day and have your meltdown in a peaceful, nurturing place! It might even be a good idea for it to be a CD board tradition, for all Moms to step back from the holiday and go take care of ourselves.............EVERYONE might have a much better Christmas!

JJJ

Glad to hear you had a really good Christmas. I like the idea of a 'Mommy meltdown day' planned ahead. Perhaps take yourself to a spa on that day, for the whole day and have your meltdown in a peaceful, nurturing place! It might even be a good idea for it to be a CD board tradition, for all Moms to step back from the holiday and go take care of ourselves.............EVERYONE might have a much better Christmas!

I have to have the meltdown in front of them. Aspie-cluelessness runs strong in all 4 of them -- it seems I must have a complete yelling, screaming, crying hissy fit before they understand that they have gone too far.

Santa did give Piglet and I a spa day for Christmas! So we are going in two weeks for a nice girls day.