Totally freaking myself out

mstang67chic

Going Green
So, I'm sitting here tonight, finalizing my to do list for tomorrow so I've got everything ready to go Friday morning for my trip to Canada. I'm flying into Seattle and then driving up to Vancouver. I pulled up Mapquest to check out the highway from Seattle to Vancouver on the arial shot view and....O....M....G.

The map shows the road, an inlet and then more road. NO BRIDGE!!!!!!!!!!!! I can only assume that this fine, sturdy road goes UNDER THE FLIPPING WATER!!!!!!!!!!!! :faint: :highvoltage: :surprise:

See?

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=S...3:49.124514:-123.08269:0::/io:0:::::f:EN:M:/e

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
If it's the two bright orange lines.....I think they're covering the view of the bridge??

A ferry is possible, but that looks like interstate highway, isn't it? It wouldn't lead to a ferry crossing.........would it? I have no clue about ferrys.

However, if that is the bridge..........OMG! I would be freaking. I don't do bridges well, and one that size over water........ain't happening.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
If its a main road, you can do google maps- and tell it to look at it from a ground view :)

I remember years ago taking a ferry ride across the English Channel - It was cool driving the car on the ferry and sitting at the top of the boat which resembeled the inside of a plane. I also remember thinking to myself, what are these little bags for that were tucked into the seat in front of me.

I think it was all of 10 minutes later I was using that bag :)

Marcie

Abbey

Spork Queen
OMG. I would have a heart attack going over that bridge. :faint:There are two things I have issues with...bridges and armored cars. (I won't go near any place that has an armored car parked outside.) Don't know why, but I do.

I would never go over that bridge, if there is one. I'd just sit patiently until some local came by with a boat that could haul my car to the other side for $100 bucks.

The area is beautiful, though. I'm sure you'll enjoy your trip.

Abbey

Fran

Former desparate mom
Lots of ferry's up that way. I thought it looked like a bridge.
There is a road called Sea To Sky that is magnificent to drive on. It starts at the ocean in Vancouver and goes up to Whistler where there is skiing. Amazing drive. Have a great vacation.

nvts

Ahhh, Mustang! Look at that! Even Mapquest thinks you walk on water! lol!

I wish I were you! I'd love to go on a trip like that!

Have a great trip! I wish you no traffic, no bad weather, lots of friendly people and lower gas prices!

Beth

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Better a bridge over than a tunnel under, I don't scuba drive.........have a great trip!!!! Enjoy the beautiful country you are going to see!

mstang67chic

Going Green
I was thinking bridge too till I clicked the box to remove street listings. Then it shows.....nothing. No ferry dock, no bridge, nothing. EEEEEK!

Thanks for the well wishes......I'm so antsy right now I'm about ready to jump out of my skin! LOL

nvts

Hey! Why not call the Dept. of Tourism? They may be able to direct you to the chamber of commerce of the local town and they can let you know.

Just a thought!

Beth

Andy

I dreamt that I looked this up for you and it was a ferry. However, it didn't match your map. And your map really does look like it would be too short for a ferry.

Must be a clear bridge (invisible yet very very strong).

So what does that say about my life these days when I start dreaming about helping on a thread about bridges and ferrys?

:sleeping:

mstang67chic

Going Green
LOL Thanks for the nocturnal help!!!

Ok gang, I'm outta here! Just got online to switch my yahoo groups to digest so I wouldn't have 537 emails by the time I got back. (No joke....I was gone for a week and came home to 650 and that was a SLOW week)

I have my list from Star and Susiestar of things they want and have my little plot....er.....plan to get them. I will also be sure to post pics when I get back too.

I hope everyone has a good weekend and I'll see you next week!