Totally hooked on AI this year

M

ML

It's just so good. Last week's Casey drama had us glued to the TV. I love the judges even though Steven could be a bit more engaged, but he's fun to look at. That James Durbin could be manster... if manster had any musical talent lol. But he reminds me soo much of him with the blinking and his overall presence. I just keep saying "he's made the blinking thing cool". Manster thinks I'm nuts and much prefers the ladies lol. Anyway I can't wait for tonight!

Star*

call 911........call 911
What is AI? I don't watch much tv.....except for Animal Planet and those initials don't match up.

shellyd67

I am hooked too ! My favorites are Casey and James. I do think Pia has a beautiful voice but would like to see her change it up from a ballad. Can't wait for 2nite ! husband and I are both glued ...

Jody

Okay who do you think is going home tonight????? I love Casey's voice, he did a really great job with his Elton Song. I think Thia and Stefano should go tonight. Just my guess.

DDD

I'm enjoying American Idol this season more than ever before. So much talent and the new set of judges don't make me cringe. I'm betting Stephano will go. DDD

Jody

I was not looking forward to Steven Tyler being on the show, but I have got to say I really enjoy him on there. The last couple of show's he seemed a little down or something. I noticed that last week he had to share a microphone with Jennifer. There were only two at the judges station. He is a lot nicer than I imagined him being. I do not enjoy the guy who was wearing the white suit with the colors. He's blond and I can never think of his name. His voice gets on my nerves. Is it Paul maybe?

DammitJanet

I have been an AI fanatic since about midway of season 2 I think. I missed season 1 somehow until everyone started talking about it on here...lol. I have loved it since then.

This year my fav's are my boy Scotty (of course!), James (the High-Functioning Autism (HFA) and tourettes guy), and Casey...for the guys. For the girls, I like Lauren. I think Pia has an amazing voice but she just leaves me cold. Tony and I disagree on Pia. He loves her...I just sit and scowl...lol. He says oh she is so pretty and sings so well...I said yeah if you want a pretty block of ice singing at your wedding!

And I really cant stand either Jacob or Naima. Sorry.

My phone makes it really easy for me to vote this year so I can get in probably between 6 to 8 votes a minute and I do it for at least 90 minutes. I normally dont start until half an hour after the show ends because by then the busy signals wind down. For some reason my phone just does it so easy...I just have to go back and forth between send and disconnect in about 8 seconds flat. So give and take a few minutes here and there for me to get up and do something you can just imagine how many calls I get in every week!

P

PatriotsGirl

Paul grates on my nerves, too.

I think Stephano and Thia should be the next ones gone.

Casey, Hayley and James are my favorites!!

Jody

There is so much talent this year. Scotty is already a star. He has it all. Just a great voice and he's so down to earth. I loved his shout to Grandma last night. He is a doll. Not a fan of Jason either.

DammitJanet

I think this is a song Scotty should do and its written by a songwriter from his area Jason Matthews. Jason is soooooo wonderful. He is one of those singer/songwriters I go see every year. Probably the most famous song he has written to date is Must be doing something right that was sung by Billy Currington.

Here is the video I think Scotty should do though, its a single that Jason has out.

M

ML

This is who I would love to be in the top 5: James, Pia, Lauren, Casey and Scotty. Though I have to say Haley's performance last night was good. She's quirky and I like quirky.

DDD

Well Stephano is still there, lol. I didn't realize there would be two cuts tonight so I was a bit surprised. Neither girl was one of my favorites but I do think they're both talented. Knowing that they are all going on the summer tour makes it easier to see them eliminated. It will be an experience of a lifetime for all eleven of them. Meanwhile...I still don't have one that I'm really rooting for. It's an amazing group. DDD

DammitJanet

Well I wasnt surprised at the cuts myself. Thia has been out of her league for awhile.

I thought Lauren and Scotty's duet was awesome. I remember when Carrie and Randy Travis performed it live on AI a few years back. Gave me chills to hear them redo it. I bet Carrie and Randy were smiling.

Jody

Wow, I was almost free of Paul. I just can't listen to him anymore. I definately would have preferred Niama, over Paul to have stayed. I loved the duet with Scotty and Lauren. Jacob reminds me of strictly of a church choir and his expressions are over kill for me. I still don't know who my favorite is. I like Pia, Scotty, and James and Casey.