Toured the new school

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
wm will be attending this year & (hopefully) thru the rest of his high school education. The program is excellent & out of our school district but is where wm lives.

I looked at mental health CM & asked "where do we find something like this for kt?" He just took down as much information as possible & reminded me that kt is covered for the next year at day treatment.

On my way home it kept rolling over & over in my head that it sure would be nice to be attending a sporting event or a concert that kt or wm were participating in rather than touring one facility after another for basic education & skills training.

It's a seemingly good program - that's all that counts.

JJJ

On my way home it kept rolling over & over in my head that it sure would be nice to be attending a sporting event or a concert that kt or wm were participating in rather than touring one facility after another for basic education & skills training.

It's a seemingly good program - that's all that counts.

I'm glad that the program looks good for wm.

I completely understand the wistfulness of missing those normal kid things.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Good to know Wm will have a good program but I completely understand the sentiments about "normal" stuff. husband and I have been lucky in that we have had some of those. Most of them though were early on so when we get them now....I tend to go a bit overboard. LOL difficult child actually went to a Christmas formal a couple of years back. I was more excited about it than he was!

I know you want that stuff but Linda....without these programs, those two wouldn't have any kind of a future. As it stands now, with the treatments you are making sure they get and with you as a Mom, they have a good chance to have normal adult moments. I'd hate to think where they would be without you.

Christy

I understand what you are saying about typical kid activities. It seems most everything is out of reach for my son due to his behaviors. It's difficult and isolating for both the child and the parents. On the bright side, however, I'm so happy for you that you've found a good program for Wm!

I hope things go well at the new school and the experience allows Wm to make growth and develop new skills.