Transition bites.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
kt has been home less than 24 hours & has had her 3rd mini meltdown. We knew coming into this that it would be a tough transition, that's why we didn't make a big deal of coming home.

Soooooo, she's had a PRN seroquel & is using a part of her self calming plan - she is coloring & watching Nick television. Things have settled; husband & kt are taking Sally out for a walk this afternoon.

I was feeling a little PTSD for a bit then pulled myself together.

kt doesn't transition well at all. We'll get back into our "family" routine & life will move on.

On_Call

Sorry your road this weekend is a bumpy one. Here's hoping that as time goes by, the anxiety will lessen and you will fall into a routine, just as you said. Change is not easy for most - let alone a difficult child. You will get there.

Hugs.

Linda,

I'm sorry to hear that kt has had three mini melt-downs already. Since kt doesn't transition well, it is good that you planned her home-coming so carefully.

I was glad to hear that husband took her with him to walk Sally. I hope you got a bit of "ME" time while they were gone. It's nice that you and husband work as a team.

I hope kt gets back into the "family" routine soon!!! I'm keeping you in my thoughts - I've still got all body parts crossed!!!

And, if possible, please take more "ME" time than usual :smile: :bath: :flower:!!! WFEN

Alisonlg

Well, on the bright side, "mini" meltdowns are better than huge meltdowns anyday, right? :smile: I'm sorry the transition has been less than perfect, but that's to be expected. You've done some careful planning and you're on the right track. Here's hoping things go smoothly from here on out!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Linda,
I'm sorry kt is having a rough time transitioning. I agree with WFEN that you have planned this homecoming carefully. It sounds like you are handling things well. Praying things get better from here on. Hugs.

Janna

Linda,

The transition bites, but you have all the proper help in place. You can't ask for better. But again, I understand what you're saying, been there done that (I can sure relate alot to you lately, my friend LOL).

Hope today is a calmer, better day. Once she's settled and routine kicks back in, things will get alot better, I'm sure.

Sending a gentle hug and a hot cup of tea :smile:

Janna

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Thank you :warrior: mums!

While I believed I've prepared in every other way, I forgot to put the "meltdown" wall back up. :hammer:

So I took a step back, husband stepped in, & I pulled myself back together.

I know better than to wear my heart on my sleeve around the tweedles or to step over the line from parent to "companion", if you will. It becomes too blurred for kt & her anxiety goes sky high. In kt's mind, I'm either MOM or I'm nobody - sadly.

Part of the treatment plan is for kt to recognize that parents, moms, in particular, have different parts to them as well. And moms not only have emotions & feelings, but get to share them. Hard sell for both kt & wm.

I anticipate a better day today. Again thank you.

Linda,

Sorry the first days of transition home have been a bit tough. Sounds like you are doing so well emotionally. I find myself jumping into PTSD mode any time Aly has a mini melt down, then I have to talk myself back down. I have a real hard time with not taking her stuff personally, working on it daily!!

Hope tomorrow is a better day!

Hugs,
Vickie

Stella Johnson

Sorry to hear she is having such a tough time. Transitions are always hard at our house too. Any kind of change seems to throw things into a tailspin.

(((hugs)))

steph

Martie

I hope tomorrow is better for all of you.

Do you have a firm date on when our kiddos realize that we are more than "MOM?" :smile:

I basically have no complaints regarding ex-difficult child and I know many would be glad to point to his successes. However, reading your post made me realize that in the area of seeing me as a real person, he is still is a bit of a difficult child.

Martie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Martie - I'm always looking for a firm date. However, neither of the tweedles tdocs will give me a time frame on that MOM thing. :rolleyes: