Trashy shows we watch

BusynMember

I don't know if anyone else can even add to this post, but thought I'd start a fun thread.

When I was in the hospital and rehab and then came home and had to wear a collar so that I couldn't even look down to read, I started watching TV for probably the first time in my life. I always made fun of the shows I got addicted to, and I'm out of my place a lot these days so I don' watch them all the time, but I did get to really REALLY enjoy a few shows that I never would have looked at if not for the accident.

Any guilty secret show watchers here?

I have come to enjoy all the judge shows, especially Hot Bench and Judge Judy, Intervention (LOVE IT...teaches me a lot), and Hoarders. And, yes, I have even sunk to watching Maury at times, especially when there was nothing else I could do. And, yes, I wonder if many of these shows are real or just filled with actors.

Please tell me I'm not the only one watching these shows.

nlj

Sorry, I don't even watch the news any more. The BBC has turned the evening news here into some rubbish with a man playing with a giant i-pad. It's all trash. When even the BBC news has been dumbed down, there's absolutely nothing that's worth watching. Find some hobbies SWOT!

Tanya M

Living with an attitude of gratitude
Staff member
I have always liked Dr. Phil. My husband likes Judge Judy so I will watch that with him. I have watched Hoarders but not Intervention.
I do not watch any of the music reality shows, i.e; the voice, American idol, or survivor type shows. They just don't hold my interest.
My guilty pleasure is HGTV and the Travel channel.
To go back a few years, I used to love Phil Donohue.

BusynMember

Sorry, I don't even watch the news any more.
U.S. news is worse. I don't watch the news largely because the embarassing candidates and stuff going on here is rampant in my opinion and there is nothing I can do about it, so why watch and get aggrevated and lose my sense of peace? I consider some news stations we have trashier than Jerry Springer :)

BusynMember

Find some hobbies SWOT!
I like to write and read, but couldn't do it when I first came home or in the hospital as I had a totally rebuilt, useless hand on the left and a fractured scapula on the right so I couldn't even hold a book. A collar for my fractured vertebrae made it impossible to look down if I COULD have held a book. Now I can do the things I like again, but when home I still sneak peek at my shows.

donna723

I try not to watch any of these trashy shows! I especially avoid the "competition" type shows or any of them that appear to be scripted or obviously contrived. I used to watch Dr. Phil but now he seems to mostly be pandering to whatever scandals are in the news. The only one I do watch occasionally is Hoarders. Everybody needs somebody to feel superior to. I can look at those people's houses and feel better about my own ... at least my messy house looks better than theirs. We DO manage to take out the garbage once in a while!

Lil

The only one I do watch occasionally is Hoarders. Everybody needs somebody to feel superior to. I can look at those people's houses and feel better about my own ... at least my messy house looks better than theirs. We DO manage to take out the garbage once in a while!

That's EXACTLY what I always say! Some people watch Hoarders and have the desire to clean. I look around and say, "Not too bad at all!" :D

I actually don't think I watch any trashy TV. It's been so long since I've called in sick and had nothing to do but watch network stuff that I can't think of what I would watch. I've seen the occasional Judge Judy and such, but being a lawyer just ruins those for you. I don't watch "reality" like the Kardashians. I don't watch game shows or competitions. I've seen the occasional Pawn Stars or Flea Market Flip or Storage Wars. That's really it.

KTMom91

I'm addicted to Food Network. Chopped, Kids Baking Competition...stuff like that.

Also Shark Tank. Love the Sharks. And America's Got Talent. And Dancing With The Stars.

I watched the first episode of Marriage Boot Camp because Mama June and Sugar Bear from Honey Boo Boo were on. Surprisingly, they were NOT the biggest train wreck couple on the show, but I just couldn't stand to watch any more of it.

Used to watch Jon and Kate plus 8 and the Duggars back in the day.

donna723

My son saw an ad for a strip club in Jackson, TN, about 60 miles from us - Mama June from Honey BooBoo was making a personal appearance there! OMG! I hope she was planning on leaving her clothes ON, maybe just waving at people or something!

in a daze

My favorite was Say Yes to the Dress, but I'm over it now.

Currently, it's Empire, and last Sunday, we bought a new TV, and Shameless was on, so we started watching it. It was a Shameless marathon, and we watched 3 episodes.

Now that is a really trashy show. But now I'm hooked!

Scent of Cedar *

There was a time, just after daughter had been beat, when I watched every episode of Housewives of Beverly Hills. If it was on, I would just sit there and watch it all day.

I wondered myself what was the matter with me. And D H was like, "It isn't bad enough what's happened has happened ~ we need Beverly Hills Housewives, too?!? He really detests that show. But I couldn't seem to watch enough of it.

I seem not to have a fascination for it, now. You know what I think it was, that I developed that fascination with Beverly Hills Housewives? Other than the higher the heel the closer to God, I mean. (Which is so funny and I still love it.) Back in the beginning of the series, the women were beautifully dressed, and were forever having one another for dinner, or for the most beautifully done luncheons. It was after we began FOO that I realized how much that beautifully set table theme represents family and togetherness and life for me. The show is back on but no longer interests me in the same way. But boy, there was a time I was absolutely focused on Beverly Hills Housewives.

For heaven's sake.

Cedar

Ironbutterfly

If focused on a single leaf you won't see the tree
My favorite was Say Yes to the Dress, but I'm over it now.

Currently, it's Empire, and last Sunday, we bought a new TV, and Shameless was on, so we started watching it. It was a Shameless marathon, and we watched 3 episodes.

Now that is a really trashy show. But now I'm hooked!

I have been watching Shameless for years. Frank is a hoot. Talk about a dysfunctional family. I watch Empire but slowly not so much into it anymore. I watch Scandal, The Good Wife, Homeland, and most recently Black Sail with their Marathon. Oh and Game of Thrones too. Not into reality TV- I do love Judge Judy, what a straight shooter. I also watch House International and I about die when they are looking at 1.3 M dollar houses and they say well, we can do 1.2 but not 1.3M. Like really?

svengandhi

By day, I work very hard as a litigator on complicated cases. By night, I watch what my sons refer to as "How to Kill your spouse" meaning Crime and Investigation, Dateline and the like. I also enjoy Housewives of Beverly Hills and New Jersey and I am addicted to Mob Wives.

I don't watch much network TV, except for Hawaii 5-0, which I love although I have no clue why except that perhaps it's because there's never any winter there. H was watching "Shameless" but I made him stop because it triggered me about things he used to do and people he used to associate with.

I can't stand house shows or Hoarders because they make me feel bad about myself.

BusynMember

Before the accident, I loved true crime, such as Investigative Discovery, but I'm losing interest(hope that's a GOOD thing).

Hoarders makes me feel like a good housekeeper...lol. I find it interesting.

Intervention is my favorite of all. I think of the troubles people have here and wonder if anyone tried an intervention. I cheer wildly for the users to get better and feel sad for those who don't.

My daughter Jumper loves "Say Yes to the Dress."

My older daughter loves any cooking shows, which makes sense as she is a pastry chef. Lately, she is more apt to be watching "Sesame Street" with my granddaughter ;) Seasame Street ain't no trash!!!!!

pasajes4

True confession....... I watch all the award shows and pretend that it is my job to rate the fashion. I love to see the hmmm questionable choices that turn up on the red carpet. I need a job geesh