Travis Update

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Well it's taken all this time but Travis finally nailed down the store manager. I had it mixed up before and he had spoken to the personel manager.

Store manager says No. They're afraid Travis will just quit again. :grrr:

I find this a bit bogus. I've known others they've hired back after quitting like Travis did. It's not like our wallie world has a large workforce to draw from. We're a small town.

I know they used to get mad over having to accomodate his disabilities. They never liked it that Travis couldn't go out and collect carts although they hired him knowing he couldn't see well enough to do it. And that's only one example.

They may have a good rep for hiring disabled, but most of them quit because they're good about "forgetting" the disabilities once they start working. *sigh*

Travis is still working with the agency that finds jobs for the disabled. It'll take a while as it takes a couple of months to reactivate a file.

I'm wondering if this is a good thing for him. Maybe it's time for him to move on.

kris

<span style='font-size: 11pt'> <span style='font-family: Georgia'> <span style="color: #990000"> it's just aggravating that they got his hopes up. hopefully something better will be down the road for him.

kris
</span> </span> </span>

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Well, that stinks.

Hopefully it will move Travis towards another, even better, goal...and hopefully it has taught him some life lessons, too.

Easy to say....but it still stinks.

Hugs,
Suz

meowbunny

Wallie World may have Travis a favor in the long run. Their reputation for misusing employees is notorious. Hope the agency comes through and finds him something truly good.

Jen

disability or not these managers dont listen. My daughter played sports in high school she told them when she hired in that she can work after practice, adn on weekends, they hired her. Then when she came with her scheduled that they are famaliar with... they let her go.
Feel your frustration

Jen