Tried and new recipe and wanted to share...

LittleDudesMom

Tried a new recipe last night and I wanted to share. I got it out of a classic WW cookbook.

Slice 2 cups of onion VERY thin. Heat 1.5t of EVEO in a saute pan on medication high and add onions. Cook until brown and carmalized (about 18 minutes). Then add 1 medium apple cubed (but a strong flavored one is best) along with 1 T of cider vinigar. Cook five minutes then remove and set aside.

Add 4 b/s chicken breast halves and saute until just about done. When that happens, evenly add the onion/apple on top of each and place 1/2 slice of reduced fact provolone on each breast. Cook until cheese is melted then serve.

Makes four servings and is only 5 points on WW!!! It's really good. easy child and I had it for dinner last night.

Sharon

Star - my salmon is marinating in the fridge for dinner tonight, what about yours????

LittleDudesMom

I don't know Sharon, I've never combined apples and mushrooms. Make it both ways - cover yours with onions and apples and his with mushies and apples.

Sharon

trinityroyal

If you're going to substitute mushrooms for onions, you might be able to substitute something for the apples too. I'm thinking of green papaya or green mango...something with a slightly stronger flavour than the apples, so that the mushrooms don't overwhelm.

If you do experiment, please let us know how it turns out.

Ugh, I hate onions too. Not just hate, LOATHE. Like, I am phobic. I see one and I get sick. I don't get what my deal is. I could eat garlic by the bulb. Can't stand onions.

But I love the flavor. I would make that with a big chunk of onion on my piece, and then remove it before eating. And I often substitute onion powder in recipes.

I know, I am weird.

trinityroyal

Not weird at all, BBK. It might be a sensory thing. Onions have a funny texture when they're cooked, and they just might not feel right in the mouth for you. If you can substitute onion powder, well then, that works.

It's a bit like my orange juice thing. I love the flavour of orange juice, but don't like how it feels when I drink it. So...I either have to freeze it and make popsicles, or strain it like crazy and mix it 1/2 and 1/2 with water.

And Pineapple. That would probably go very well as a substitute, if you're adding mushrooms. It's got a strong enough flavour. Great idea, LDM.

I think I'm going to experiment with this recipe. I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

Trinity

Star*

call 911........call 911
Sharon -

We put the fish back in the freezer and got some boneless chicken breasts out - NOW I want to try THIS recipe - OMG sounds heavenly - I don't know what 5 points is - but must go get provolone. I think I'm going to add bell peppers to ours.

NOM NOM NOM...........

Star*

call 911........call 911
Trinity -

I have the OJ thing too - but I started getting Select Groves (plastic bottle looks like a carafe) and got the calcium no pulp - and it is smooth as a .....as a......well it's smooth.....no straining needed.

It's a little spendy - but it's the only oj that I ever had that does repeat itself all day. DF makes me a bottle to take to work every morning.

Try it - you'll like it.:tongue:

trinityroyal

Thanks Star. I'll have to give it a try.
I've been trying to drink more water, but I don't like the taste (I know...water isn't supposed to have a taste...sigh), so I have been trying to get fluid into me in other ways.

I will look for that brand and give it a try.

Trinity

LittleDudesMom

Trinity,

Try putting a few sliced of cucumber in a pitcher of water in the fridge. It gives it a nice "fresh" flavor. Maybe you would like that more. You need that water girl!!!!

Sharon

trinityroyal

Oooh, LDM that sounds strangely appealing.
I will give that a whirl when I get home from work tonight.

My main difficulty with water is that it literally goes right through me. As in, 5 minutes after I drink a glass I'm sprinting to the loo. And I feel even more dehydrated afterward. When I drink other liquids the effect doesn't seem so pronounced.

(I'm facilitating meetings all week at work, and can't just get up and leave, so I'm a bit a-feared of the old H2O at the moment)

Maybe the cucumber thing will also alleviate the speed factor?

Thanks,
Trinity