Trinity, how are those new babies?!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Just wanted to find out how you and the wee ones are doing now that you've been home for a few weeks. Everyone settling in o.k.?

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Abbey, she had TWINS -- where HAVE you been? Oh yeah, gallavanting about the country at reunions and whatnot. :D Let's see if I can find the thread...

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, I've been gallavanting a bit. (I love that word. It's better than a nomad.)

Twins? Sheesh. I bow to you, Trinity. I knew you were pregnant, but didn't follow after the initial post. I'm bad. What beautiful babies! I'm sure you're hands are full.

Now, as I'm sure you are hugely busy, I'm going off to cat/puppy sit. Those dogs nearly bowled me over this morning.

Abbey

Trinity,
Your babies are beautiful, I know your enjoying every moment! Have a great weekend. Alyssa

trinityroyal

Hello everyone,

Gosh, I love this board. I'm sitting here at my computer with one baby curled up on my shoulder, husband is across from me at his computer holding the other one, and all 3 of them are looking at me funny, wondering what on earth I'm giggling at.

Babies and the rest of us are doing great. Both were released from the NICU, and have been home with us for the last 5 days or so. SOOOO much better than traipsing to the hospital with a packed lunch and provisions every day.

They're nearly 3 weeks old now. Funny...yesterday was the date my C-section was scheduled, and Sept 27th is their official "due date". By then they'll be 6 weeks old.

husband is downloading pictures from the camera. As soon as he's finished I will post updated photos. B & P have changed so much already.

It's total chaos, but after life with a difficult child, we're used to that. Actually, difficult child has been a total dreamboat so far. He's so gentle with the babies, and not a hint of jealousy. Yet. I'm still very watchful, but so far, so good. Strangely, it's been Step-D who's struggling with this the most. She still seems fairly upset by the idea, especially with little Paulina. I don't think she likes having a sister to compete with for the title of Daddy's Little Girl. At 32, I think she should get over herself but...well she is who she is, and more and more she's showing her own difficult child side.

All in all, things are great.

Trinity

Abbey

Spork Queen
Gosh, Trinity...what a blessing. I'd love to hold and snuggle them...then give them back. ;) I guess I'm in grandma stage.

Enjoy every second you have with them. Sounds like difficult child is on the right track, too.

Abbey

DammitJanet

Grandmahood is great, grandmahood is soooo great! It is the best reward for living through parenthood...lol. I can say this with because my angel baby is sleeping soundly on my bed after we just got back from a day at the beach! I love it. She thinks her grandparents are the best thing since sliced bread...lol.

everywoman

Janet!!! You came to the beach and didn't let me know!!!

Now, back to the topic at hand---glad the twins are home and doing well. You are so much more of a woman than I will ever be....If I had a new baby (much less two) I would be a babbling idiot!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Step D is 32 and is having jealousy pains???? OMG...GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I spent 17 years of my life as an only child...I was over the moon when I finally got sibs!!!! Girls, boys...didn't matter...I just wanted them! LOL If I had had to wait till I was older than I was....who cares.

Besides....with an age difference like that...in a way, it's not really like having siblings. It's almost like being an aunt or even another parent. I can't see how she thinks it's a competition. She's an ADULT, Pauline is a BABY. They have very different needs from their father at this point and it's totally different. Besides....she's an ADULT!!!! Get her some big girl panties and tell her to deal with it.

Otherwise, glad to hear they are home and doing well! My great-nephew was early and was about the same age on his due date as the twins will be on theirs. It's amazing isn't it?

Be sure to give them lots of cuddles and kisses from their board aunties!!! And also to difficult child....he sounds like he's going to be an awesome big brother!!!!!!!