Trying not to let him ruin my whole day

TerryJ2

I HATE it when he starts out the day in a foul mood.

This a.m., I told him that since it's a Thursday, it's his day to stay after school, plus, he has a baseball game so he will have to turn right around and go back and it will be a full day.

That set him off. He yelled at the top of his lungs that it wasn't tonight, I was totally wrong, they never have three games in one wk (I reminded him that there was a makeup game from a storm) ... then he says he's not staying after school. He was so ramped up!

All because he will miss out on his addicting computer games ... I know that's what this is all about.
But after all these yrs, why does his shouting and tone of voice still aggravate me? Detach, detach, detach ...

M

ML

with our kids the detachment thing is especially hard because their raw, extreme emotions engage us. It's hard to remain calm in the face of the storm. I get it. Hugs.

Mamablue5

Wow,this sounds all to familiar! I so understand and I wonder the same thing everyday.How do you detach.how do you not let the first thing in the morning days affect your entire day.I feel ya trust me.

shellyd67

SIGH ... sounds like the same cr*p going on at my house last night ! How can my 10 year old know everything their is to know about life already ?

Things that make you go hmmm....

TerryJ2

Yep, my difficult child knows everything, too.
He is moving out at age 18 ... to Tijuana, Mexico.
Oh, yeah?
Because it's so safe there?
Because the job opportunities are awesome?
Because he's into drugs and weapons?
Because he's got friends and family there?

Nope. He just knows it's the best place to live.

:bloodshot:

Jena

oh sheesh sounds like my stepson who is addicted to video games, black ops etc..... getting him to turn the game off is herendous most days. he has add. i try to give him fair warning regarding shutting it off, we give him a play schedule each time he's here. he seemst o do a bit better if he knows what's coming.....

yet yes i've had the blow ups where he is in my face screaming at me over turning the stupid game off. we all just stand there in shock. lol

good luck hope days gets better!!!

J

Junglelandmama

My nephew is just like that. The war video games are/were his life. Hmmm...he now is in the 5th week of Army Boot Camp, and has been asked to stay on after bc is done to train in their special ops dept (ie: computer!) He is a genius where those games are concerned and it just may lead him to an awesome (safer) Army career! This auntie is praying he does well. He totally NEEDS the Army, major ADD gfgness!

But I get ya, starting mornings off badly just is not fun! Sorry! Hugs!!!