TV ads about chins/necks etc. How??

DDD

How do they have a "procedure" that tightens necks etc. that only takes an hour? I don't know what the ad name is...but you guys know the one. Old drooping jawlines, saggine necks etc with before and after pictures?

No, I don't plan to have any "procedures". Yes, I could use a heck of alot of "procedures"..lol. But I've seen the ad so often and wonder what they actually do. Anybody know? DDD

DammitJanet

I have seen those tv ads and wondered that myself. It looks to me like the women have had a whole lot more work done than just a double chin gone!

Star*

call 911........call 911
I think they put a hexscrew hole in the back of your head and twist. :tongue:

Then they put the same thing in your wallet.

http://plasticsurgery.about.com/od/facialproceduresaz/p/neck_lift.htm

Seriously? This may help you understand it. My friend had her ENTIRE face removed -ears and all and had all her muscles in her face pulled and fat added and it was the most incredible thing I'd ever seen before/after. She was in her early 30's and looked like she was in her late 80's. The bands in her face had just "let go" and caused sagging. Poor girl. She really was beautiful. The only way you could tell after? Was to look behind her ears which they literally took off and laid on the surgery table - no joke. Then sewed them back on.

They basically do the same thing in the 1 hour surgeries. Just depends on your genetics and results do vary. Weight loss, diet, smoking, sun-tanning, skin care are all factors that weigh in when you go for a consultation as well.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I think they put a hexscrew hole in the back of your head and twist. :tongue:

Ya know, I was thinking the SAME thing. Reminded me of that doll where you could make her hair grow by pulling it out from her head. Same theory only in reverse. You just gather up the loose skin by making a really big ponytail, then you tuck it under and pin it to your head!

Star*

call 911........call 911
That was a Chrissy doll. I had one. She had red hair. I wasn't into dolls much so she still has really nice hair- or she did -not sure if my Dad thought all that 60's stuff was worthless and threw it out with my Moms 1800's Singer tredle sewing machine. Yeah she would kill him if he wasn't already passed.

donna723

I used to watch all those TV shows where they were doing the plastic surgery on people. :sick: And I remember they would show them doing face lifts (really gross!) and as part of it, they would do the area under the chin. They said there are two muscles under there that get looser as you age and they sort of sew them together and pull them tight, kind of like lacing the two sides of a shoe together. But I don't see how doing just that would do much if that's what they're talking about! As part of a face lift, they do that but they usually also liposuction the area under the chin. If someone had just loose skin under there it might work but most people have fat deposits there too - and I say that as the not-so-proud owner of a genuine turkey waddle and multiple chins :tongue:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I've got the start of a double chin and it definitely fat in my case. My neck is still decently tight, but I am in the process of developing a definite set of jowls.

Yuck. Add that into serious sun damage and both my face and arms and hands are all blotchy and uneven. I'm 49 and already have age spots and lots of lines around my eyes.

Word of warning to the younger sun freaks. I've already got cataracts at my age. It comes from direct sun exposure. Get good sunglasses that block UVA and UVB and WEAR THEM!