TV -- Do We Watch Too Much....?

Watch kind of television watcher are you?

• (Almost Never watch) Less than 5 hours a week or Don't own a TV

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • (Casual watcher) 5 to 10 hrs a week--watch a couple shows here and there.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • (Regular watcher)10 to 20 hrs a week--watch a couple hours of tv every day

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • (Habitual watcher) 20 to 30 hrs a week--this is how we spend our evenings

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • (Weekend warrior) 30 to 40 hrs a week--we watch evenings and even more on weekends

• (Marathon watcher) 40 to 50 hrs a week--if we're home, tv is on

• (Living the TV Lifestyle) 50+ hrs--the television is always on, almost 24/7

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I got the courage to paint a room and to even paint it a color other than white, and hang a curtain, and try a new furniture layout partly from the HGTV shows I've watched. I've learned a ton about my fuzzbutts from watching Animal Planet.

I forgot about HGTV and the Food Network!!! If I think of it, I can watch those channels all day on a rainy day. I really love Cake Boss and I also like that show called something like, "What Not to Wear" I think. Yeah - I do watch other tv if I think of it and have time.

Also, we have 4 tvs - one in each bedroom and one in the living room.

LittleDudesMom

I enjoy tv and freely admit it. But I also enjoy lots of other things as well. I never schedule my life around tv (that's what a dvr is for :tongue:)

Sharon

KTMom91

I love TV. One of my favorite channels on Dish is UCTV...they show lectures from visiting experts, and I've seen some fascinating programs on autism, ADHD, bipolar children, etc. featuring psychiatrists from the UCDavis MIND Institute. Hubby likes the channel from Northern Arizona University and one called the Research Channel...they both have a lot of tech programs. We watch the Documentary Channel, BBC America, all the Discovery channels, Travel Channel, TLC, Food Network, HGTV...

There are very few things we watch on network TV.

DammitJanet

Has anyone watched Parenthood yet? Im surprised no one but me has ever mentioned it. Its on NBC on Tuesday nights...hey that would be tonite folks! It has a little aspergers boy on it. It is really done well...funny, warm, caring, hilarious, real.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Janet, Parenthood is my boss' favorite show. I've seen one episode and keep meaning to watch it On Demand.

Suz

V

vja4Him

I watch very little tv. Have my own tv, connected to Direct TV service, right on my computer desk, and haven't turned it on at all in over a month now! Some mornings I'll surf the news channels while eating breakfast and getting ready for the day. Once in awhile I'll watch an educational show with my youngest boy.

I still have trouble paying attention to tv for very long. I lose interest quickly, get distracted and start on something else, but really have so many other things I'd rather do ....

JJJ

My kids are trying to cram in as much tv watching as they can as in just 10 days the downstairs tv gets shut off for the summer.

I'm the meanie who makes them do schoolwork and chores in the morning and then forces them to go outside and have fun.

DammitJanet

When mine were little I dont think they actually sat through any full shows unless maybe it was a few saturday morning cartoons before we were up and moving for the day. I know back when they were little they had 8 to 8:30 bedtimes so that made watching difficult...lol. We watched a lot of Full House, Rescue 911, American Hero, Maude, Golden Girls, Cosby Show, things like that. Good stuff...lol. I still watch Full House and Cosby show with Keyana.

V

vja4Him

My kids are trying to cram in as much tv watching as they can as in just 10 days the downstairs tv gets shut off for the summer.

I'm the meanie who makes them do schoolwork and chores in the morning and then forces them to go outside and have fun.

Our landlord just canceled the movie channels (Direct TV). In a way I'm glad. I don't go to the extreme by cutting off tv for the summer, but I have been putting my foot down and making my youngest boy get outside, spending more time working out, practicing his Karate seven days a week, ride bicycles more, play with the other kids in the neighborhood ......