tweedle dee has asked to ....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
go back to day treatment. We have the "safety net" written into her IEP. She's feeling a failure but feels she needs day treatment again.

I'm passing this along to mental health CM, school SW & in home therapist. We've been trying to coordinate a meeting at high school to no avail. Now I'm going to be calling an IEP mtg. In writing ~ sent via (I can't remember the word) that special mail thing.

Wish me luck as I'm not sure which way to go.

house of cards

I'm sorry high school is being such a challenge for kt, you have amassed a great team and have taught her how to monitor her feelings so well...I'm very impressed. She will find her way. Sending a big box of wisdom to help you to help her....I couldn't figure out how to open it, wishing you better luck LOL.

meowbunny

Poor baby. It must have been so hard for her to ask for this. Maybe she can try again when she feels stronger?

I hope that you can find a way to convince kt that askng to go back to day treatment isn't failing, it is knowing yourself and having the strength to ask.

Give her many hugs from all us.

hexemaus2

Old hand
Wow! It's amazing to me how self-aware kt is. I would give my right arm for an iota of that kind of self-awareness with difficult child 2.

Congrats, Mom - for giving the tweedles so much support and guidance over the years to make kt "okay" with asking for help. That's such a huge step for our kids. Just huge. I'm sure the right path for kt will show itself & you'll be right there to hold her hand through it all, as you always have.

trinityroyal

Linda,
I'm so sorry that kt feels like a failure for wanting to go back to day treatment. I think she's demonstrating incredible strength, wisdom and insight. She's really grown into a remarkable young woman.

Hope the IEP meeting goes well. Sending hugs. Let kt know that she's very brave and strong.

Trinity

B

butterflydreams

I'm sorry that kt is having so much trouble. It's good though that she realizes that she needs the extra support right now and asked to go back to day treatment. I hope this helps. Stay strong mom!

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHAT an INCREDIBLE break though!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The mere fact that SHE thought, - about herself, her future, her needs, her wants, her accomplishments, her where she is in her NOW?

OMG this is FLIPPING HUGE.......

(Auntie Star does huge back flips for tweedle dee......) and now? I must go to traction and therapy for a year, but well worth it!

I AM SO PROUD OF HER!!!!!

JJJ

Kudos to kt bug for speaking up for herself! Any chance the schools are close enough that she could do a shared-day program? Our therapeutic day school has a bus that runs all day between the regular high school and the day treatment building and lots of kids take 1-3 classes at the main school and then 'recover' in the smaller setting.

KTMom91

I think kt asking to go back to day treatment shows great strength and maturity. She realized she needed some extra help, and asked for it. That's so difficult to do...I know I'm not very good at asking! Sending hugs and good thoughts that you are able to get everything worked out smoothly.