Two things

Echolette

Hey ya'll! I think Child is getting married, like ANY DAY NOW!!! How exciting is that??? Let us all circle the wagons and dance wildly for her happiness.

and....we are coming up on the one year anniversary of my finding the forum. What a long strange year...but really, only the continuation of a long strange life as difficult child's mom. Thank you all, my friends and counsellours and companions, for walking with me on this journey. Thank you for helping me grow, scar over, walk taller, be happy again, for helping me let go (mostly) of guilt, for laughing at the dark stuff together, for getting angry on my behalf, and for being out there, at your computers, in the dark and lonely nights.

Blessings on us all. Blessings on you all.

With gratitude and affection,

Echolette

GuideMe

Your words are exactly how I feel about the gratitude that I feel towards this forum. Thank you because I am not sure I could have ever expressed as well as you just did. By the way, which difficult child is getting married? It says your only difficult child is a boy in your bio

Echolette

By the way, which difficult child is getting married?

It is our friend Child of Mine who is getting married! Joy in the face of loss and sorrow (she has a difficult child in his 20's who has been rough this year). My difficult child..well I hope not, but if he is he is. Who can tell what the right path is for him.

GuideMe

It is our friend Child of Mine who is getting married! Joy in the face of loss and sorrow (she has a difficult child in his 20's who has been rough this year). My difficult child..well I hope not, but if he is he is. Who can tell what the right path is for him.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ok, ok, ok. I didn't get it at first obviously. Congrats COM!!!

Lil

Congratulations! What a wonderful thing to find someone to share the journey with. May they have long and happy lives together. :couple:

nlj

Ooh that's great! Hope she has a lovely day and a happy marriage.

How are things with you Echo? You haven't been posting much lately, and your last thread was a bit down. I hope you're feeling more positive.

My son sent me a one hour video interview with him and a documentary film maker a few weeks ago. I've played it a few times, especially some parts which are quite hard to watch and interpret. Someone on this site spoke about 'revisionist history' recently. I would say that some parts of this interview are summed up in that expression. I've been feeling sad and not had any contact with him for a while, which is hard as it's getting really cold here now and I don't know how he's going to manage this winter. It's nearly a year since I found this site too, I'm in a much better place than I was this time last year, but my son is exactly where he was then.

The years go by and the sorrow continues.

It's nice to have something positive to write about though, thanks for letting us know about COM's wedding!

tryagain

I have not been on here lately (due to dealing with a major traumatic issue re difficult child-another story for another day) but I want to express happiness for Child of Mine. It is nice to read about positive things going on in any of our lives.

Albatross

Well said, Echo. When I look back at where I was when I first found this place, I see that I still have bad days, of course, but I am so much more...OKAY with it all...and it is because of the wisdom and empathy of moms like you. I know such well-seasoned advice is hard-earned, so thank you for sharing this hard walk with us.

Let me add my congrats to COM! Much future happiness to you and Mr. COM!

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I was wondering where COM was, I am so happy to know she is getting married..........congratulations COM, many, many blessings to you on your special day..........

And, ECHO, we've missed you here.........I hope things are smoothed out some...........and happy anniversary for your year here...... You expressed many of our feelings about this site........I am still often in awe of the fact that I am not alone in my journey with a difficult child.......it is a lot to be grateful for.......

Last edited:

nlj

Happy First Wedding Anniversary COM!

It's coming up around now isn't it?

How's the first year been?

The first anniversary is 'paper'. I think that's loads better than a silver wedding anniversary or a golden wedding anniversary. I'd rather a book than a gold necklace any day!

My friend has her 34th wedding anniversary on Halloween. Great day for a wedding anniversary.

Childofmine

one day at a time
I love you people! The first year has been better than I ever could have dreamed. He is a really good man for me.

Yes it is paper and I will reveal: I am writing him a poem for our first anniversary!

I have never done this before but I am very excited about it!

Now, to get the words just right...lol!