Typical For My difficult child

B

Bunny

This morning difficult child was getting ready for school and I was floating around the house doing the things that I need to do in the morning. I see that difficult child is laying down, which is fine, but sometimes when he does that he falls asleep, which can lead to a bad morning, which he then says is all my fault because I didn't watch him closely enough. He's 12 and should be responsible for getting himself to the bus stop on time, but that's another argument for another day. Anyway, I see that he's laying down and I ask him if he's watching the time. No response. I go to my bedroom and start folding laundry and after a few minutes I ask him again if he's watching the time because he has to leave soon. He tells me, "I know! I'm watching the time. Why can't you just leave me alone?"

It was on the tip of my tounge to say, "Because if I don't make sure you're awake you'll be late and will tell me how it's all my fault because I don't love you," but I didn't.

Seriously, there are some days when I really just don't give a darn anymore. I can't wait until he walks out the door to go to the bus stop and I hate when he walks back in. Just one of those days, I suppose.

And having a miserable headache does not make it any better.

Bunny,

I used to feel the same way - Couldn't wait for my difficult children to leave for school and dreaded when they returned. Hope you feel better ASAP!!! Hugs... SFR

TerryJ2

Oh, I hear you! I've got a headache, too. difficult child stayed home Monday and I think part of it is tension and part is sinus. Still, we moms forge through, and the kids stay in bed.
I'd love to give advice but ... this is not my strong suit. :hangin:

buddy

Even though it is stressful when he is at school. (waiting for the phone calls that may come, making appointments, trying to get things ready for whatever...ugg) I do love when the door closes and he is on the bus. I pretend it will be a good day and do take time every single day to be on this board and watch some tv.... my me time. I hate mornings because they are transitions. Hope your headache goes away. that makes it so hard to cope with normal things much less difficult child things.

B

Bunny

I'm taking some ME time right now. I'm watching a movie and I'm going to lay down with the hope that this headache goes away before difficult child gets home. There is always hope, right?